Senior Goods In Operative
Logistics Co-Ordinator (Goods In)
Ingram Micro CFS Management Teams, including Client Services & Finance and all associates as pertinent to this role.
SCOPE & PURPOSE OF ROLE:
- Working within a busy Logistics environment based in Daventry, you will be the Senior Operative for the inbound team for e-Commerce clients.
- You will be required to plan and oversee all aspects of stock into the facility.
- You will report into the Inbound Logistics Co-Ordinator.
- You will be responsible for meeting the inbound SLA targets for the clients and ensure all issues and discrepancies are logged and shared with the Client services team.
- Establish excellent working relationships and partnerships, based on an open two way communication style, with operational staff, Operations Manager, Operations Process Leads, Account Managers, Customer Services Team and Finance Team.
PRINCIPAL TASKS OF JOB / CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure you support the Inbound LC to ensure all tasks are completed effectively and efficiently.
- The new ‘put away’ area layout enables you to transfer all the B2C clients within this area to the same processes that we utilise for Warners and Universal.
- Ensure all inbound quality checks are undertaken.
- Maintain all inbound receipt logs are correctly completed each day and are updated on the system.
- Universal will be a main focus area for you ensuring we meet all SLAs and manage the following processes.
- Manage the pre-release items and ensure the release dates are correct in the WMS. (Work with the client to ensure the dates are correct and match the client expectations)
- Record any discrepancies and issues within the agreed SLA timeframes and share with Client Services as appropriate.
- Organise the area to ensure any non-conforming deliveries are logged and held in the designated area to keep the ‘put away’ lanes flowing and maintained.
Additional adhoc responsibilities:-
- Maintain the efficient and safe utilisation of aisle area and floor space
- You may be required to participate in customer meetings
- Ensure quality procedures are followed and quality records maintained.
- Ensure safe management of area, vehicle traffic and materials.
- Direct and guide staff to ensure business requirement are met across all shift patterns.
- Plan and co-ordinate the allocation of labour across the shifts to meet operational
deadlines and controlling overtime and agency staff levels.
- Ensure the warehouse is compliant with current Health and Safety regulations and that the warehouse team is trained appropriately and make recommendations.
- Ensure safe working practices and good housekeeping are maintained.
- Ensure correct servicing records are kept of all mechanical and electrical equipment with the areas.
- Staff are required to follow the Ingram Micro policies and procedures as indicated in the employee handbook, Quality processes and Health & Safety Handbook.
- Staff must protect the corporate image and brand values of Ingram Micro
- Staff must comply with data protection guidelines and PCI-DSS regulations on the handling, storage and destruction of material containing personal data.
- This job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the post holder.
- To maintain flexibility to ensure the needs of the business are met i.e. work extra hours/flexible hours and at remote sites if required.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and behaviours expected of this role.
The company reserves the right to amend or delete with or without notice in line with change in business needs.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Must be able to organise efficient use of time to optimise production output
Possess effective communication skills and have ability to feedback issues
Proficient in computer reporting
May be required to hold a variety of fork lift truck licenses.
Excellent Communication skills
Proven leadership skills
Planning and Organising,
Health and Safety minded.
Accurate and adaptable.
You will need to manage associates and resolve conflicts, keeping associates motivated and on-task at all times.
There will be multiple orders, customers, people and many moving pieces. Strong organisational skills are a must have.
Problem-Solving Skills - you will need to be ready when problems arise, or be ready to anticipate problems before they happen.
Experience of report production in a variety of system templates (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
Stock control systems / experience.
Fundamentals and Competencies Required:
Managing internal and external relationships.
Managing a team of people and delivering results.
Be financially aware.
Good communication skills and personal drive.
Accept accountability and responsibility for the role to be undertaken.
Inspires others by challenging, encouraging and guiding.
Establishes and communicates goals and targets.
Delegates effectively, allocating tasks and responsibilities appropriately.
Communicates clearly, appropriately and regularly.
Adapts to unexpected events and continues to deliver agreed plans and objectives.
Resilient and calm under pressure.
Demonstrates energy, enthusiasm and commitment
Is proactive and takes the initiative.
Makes decisions, even in difficult circumstances or when information is incomplete.
Meticulous in approach and shows an attention to detail with a right first time attitude.