Dallas, TX, United States
Job ID: 43647
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $49 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 40 acquisitions since 2012.
INGRAM MICRO FUN FACTS:
- Ingram Micro does $49 Billion in revenue
- We ship 1.5 billion units per year
- We have 189 logistics centers and service centers worldwide
- Operations in 59 countries with 35,000 associates covering 6 continents
- 250,000 IT solution provider customers
- 2,000 manufacturer partners
- 1 out of 2 mobile devices are distributed in our warehouse
Location: Reporting to the vice president of North American Operations
Reporting: The Director of Operations has responsibility for a large distribution center and 3PL operation in Fort Worth, TX (located 5 minutes from DFW airport)
Headcount and Financial Responsibility:
Headcount management between 100 to 1,000 employees (based on business volume) and between $2 to $20mm in payroll.
- The production support/oversight responsibilities include developing the strategic and tactical plans to meet service level requirements at the lowest possible cost while maintaining quality within designated acceptable ranges and may include budget/forecasting responsibilities variance explanations and the development of improvement plans.
- Maintaining positive and constructive relationships with clients/customers and identifying opportunities for increased revenue/profit and ensuring the statements of work are compatible with operating capacities or developing the plans to increase operational capabilities of the facility.
- Clients/customers affected by the position will bring between $5 and $50mm in annual logistics revenue to the company representing between $1 and $10mm in operating profit.
- Strong focus on the development of the next generation of operations leaders. Preparing leaders for the next step in their careers. Ability to drive engagement in an hourly workforce and encouraging them to be champions of our customers as they support each other.
- Ability to understand current customer needs and how to address within the existing framework. Able to anticipate future customer needs and orient the organization to provide those needs to help us win in the market. Participate in the RFP and Solution Design process to win new clients within our 3PL business unit.
- Reviews and evaluates data from all operational areas to ensure that functions are meeting key service and quality metrics. In concert with your senior leadership team, you will present current and future needs in conjunction with key stakeholders within the organization. Plan resource and capital requirements through industry benchmarked practices and techniques. Management within an internally and externally certified quality system is required. Utilize data collection and analysis, take corrective action to eliminate defects, and ensure customer service expectations are met.
- Understanding of concepts of operations financial management and ability to manage financials across your scope of responsibility. Preparation of budgets, reports, and forecasts for operations activities. Presents daily / weekly / monthly KPI report detailing cost and adherence to budgets. For future projects, preparing cost benefit analysis, resource availability and requirements for labor and capital expenditure.
- Utilizing Lean / 6 Sigma concepts and working closely with your senior management team, you help identify, conceptualize, and implement process improvements through the analysis of daily KPI reporting within the operation. Drive demonstrable and quantifiable improvements in productivity, efficiency, and quality. Also engages with key stakeholders within the organization to ensure resourcing and operational cost are kept at an acceptable level.
- Plans, examines, analyses, and evaluates ALC operations in respect to Safety Standards. Implements and evaluates safe work practices and procedure. Identifies hazards and reports hazards, conducts safety audits, conducts incident and accident investigations and takes corrective action. Ensure all team members contribute to safety of the ALC Operations. Works in conjunction with associates and Management personnel to ensure compliance with TAPA certifications. Highlights any potential breaches of these protocols and takes proactive steps to address these issues.
- University degree or college diploma in Logistics or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 7-10 years within a distribution/logistics/operations environment.
- Minimum 2-3 years in Site Director or General Manager level position in a large scale operation Experience with automated material handling and sortation systems.
- Experience with automated Labor Management Systems. Red Prairie a plus.
- Experience with complex customer relationships. 3PL experience a plus.
- Experience with highly seasonal industries. Consumer direct experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability dealing with complex associate relations issues, large numbers of temporary associates, and a diverse workforce. Demonstrated ability developing management teams
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong strategic and problem solving ability
- Systems knowledge: Strong knowledge of ERP. SAP a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) in a RF environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.