IT Support Engineer
Job ID: 43650
Who are we?
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology. No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world.
Ingram Micro's global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve.
About our IT Team-Egypt,
Ingram Micro’s IT team is responsible for IT campaigns and IT activities across Egypt’s offshore Center.
IT team is an integral part of our business - our front liners and superheroes, the backbone to our business. You will indeed enjoy the team spirit and oneness among this brilliant team.
We are looking for you, an IT Support Engineer who is going to ensure smooth operation of IT systems and networks in order to provide maximum performance and availability to internal customers.
What will you do?
- You will install, configure, and maintain personal computers & related equipment’s of associates at the desired level as per organization policy.
- You will provide associates with new laptops, installed with all required applications, you will create user active directory credentials and access systems, and onboard associates on IM serve for IM email & VPN credentials.
- You will investigate user system issues, trouble shoot & identify the cause, determine possible fixes, test and implement them with the help of local & regional IT members.
- You will be providing support for internal customers when reporting systems problems based on criticality.
- You will co-ordinate with various external service providers for all support and upkeeping on network and DC hardware. You will first hand troubleshooting and hands on support to be provided
- You will ensure all software patches and versions are up to date.
- You will do daily backups of all critical data while providing daily backups for offshore and ensuring tape restoration exercise is conducted periodically.
Here is what it takes to be one of the team:
- You have a bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or any equivalent degree in Networking Background
- You have 2-3 years as a Network Administrator
- You have certifications in CCNA and CCNP (preferred)
- You have up-to-date knowledge and interest in networking technologies
- You have excellent communication skills (particularly the ability to communicate with staff who are not technical themselves);
- You have the ability to keep calm in a crisis and to think clearly to solve problems.
- You have the ability to priorities workload.
What's in it for you?
You will get a great opportunity to be part of the ambitious plans we have for growing one of the most important parts of our organization. We will support you in your professional and personal development, by providing you with access to LinkedIn Learning and many high-quality training courses to increase your technical knowledge and expertise. You will also get opportunity to work with passionate team members and stay connected as one family.
Ingram Micro is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where all associates