Do you crave the creativity and freedom of a startup but the stability of a large, established company? Are you seeking the autonomy to take risks, make decisions and drive business success? Do you want to accelerate your career to the next level?
CloudBlue, a business unit of Ingram Micro, is the only cloud commerce engine with a proven hyper-scale digital platform, and today powers the world’s largest service provider marketplaces, totaling more than 30 million seats globally. CloudBlue is the result of $500 million in investments, including the acquisitions of Odin, Ensim, and four others software companies. Our CloudBlue commerce platform enables companies to rapidly increase their level of success in the cloud market by building, scaling and monetizing services. With proven proficiency in SaaS, IaaS, IoT, security, and XaaS technologies, we invite visionaries to join our team and make an impact on this fast-growing industry.
Ingram Micro is seeking a Technical Account Manager focused on supporting our CloudBlue customers. In this role, you’ll be providing a trustable technical point-of-contact for CloudBlue customers, by establishing yourself as a conduit between Technical Support, Sales, Professional Services, R&D and client they support. You must be a customer-first thinker, articulate in your written and verbal communication, and a resourceful self-starter ready to make an impact.
Ingram Micro’s mission is to help businesses to fully realize the promise of technology. Touching 80% of the technology used every day around the world, no other company delivers the full spectrum and scale of global technology to businesses around the world. With almost $50 billion annual revenue in 50+ countries and 32,000+ associates worldwide, Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in platform technology, cloud, and mobility enable our customers to operate efficiently and successfully in the digital economy.
Your Role (responsibilities)
- Bring the CloudBlue technical knowledge closer to the customers you manage and bring their business knowledge closer to CloudBlue teams.
- Exceed customer expectations as their key resource within CloudBlue.
- Function as a front-line technical resource for "best practice" and informal customer questions.
- Provide customers with access to CloudBlue product experts when needed.
- Provide clear and constructive feedback to CloudBlue Product Management teams based on customer requirements.
- If needed, directly resolve small issues at the Customer, don’t depend on Technical Support on every issue.
- Closely collaborate with CloudBlue tech support, sales, professional services and R&D and deliver a “Customer First” strategy.
- Maintain current functional and technical knowledge of the entire CloudBlue product line.
- Resolve customer escalations around CloudBlue products. Be available 24/7 for the customer in case of any urgency.
- Guide customers through upgrades to new releases of their CloudBlue products.
- Identify potential technical or business obstacles and suggesting solutions.
- Help to document best practices in developing and deploying CloudBlue solutions to select customers. Conduct a consultative review of existing IT infrastructure to determine how CloudBlue technology can best help to customer and identify opportunities.
- Manage and drive competing requests across simultaneous customer engagements.
- Be accountable or responsible for small projects working with internal teams or delivery partner (e.g. new products onboarding, platform upgrades or migrations)
What You Should Be Able To Deliver
- Take over the role of CloudBlue technical advisor for assigned customer(s).
- Learn and document specifics on assigned customer(s).
- Prepare regular reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends for assigned customer(s).
- Deliver quarterly reviews with assigned customer(s).
- Keep current on CloudBlue products.
What You Should Bring To The Table
- Experience in Linux System Administration than includes networking, web hosting technologies, standards, APIs, security concepts and protocols.
- Experience with SQL (e.g. data types, indexes, foreign keys, analyzing and composing queries).
- 1+ year experience in customer-facing positions in support, service delivery manager, technical account manager, sales account management or other role.
- Experience with modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development.
- Experience with the CloudBlue Commerce (formerly Odin Automation) platform is a big plus.
- Experience with working for or with a service provider reselling cloud services is a plus.
- Experience with Cloud Commerce/Broker platforms is a plus (e.g. AppDirect, Jamcracker, SAP Hybris).
- Strong strategic and customer focus with a clear understanding of the wider issues.
- Analytical skills regarding technical and project management issues.
- Project management experience with small and mid-sized projects.
- Flexible to be on-call to respond to high-severity customer issues during non-standard business hours.
- Organizational skills with an ability to manage competing customer demands.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (English) to communicate with our world-wide partners as well as internally.
- Fluent in Spanish and Portuguese is a must
- Influential relationships skills at all levels - ability to use these relationships to deliver service improvements.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.