Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $52 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 35,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 40 acquisitions since 2012.
This position is located onsite at one of three facilities: Mira Loma, CA; Carol Stream, IL; or Ft. Worth, TX.
Manages activities related to procurement, sourcing, supplier selection, product delivery specifications, and quality. Develops and maintains working relationships with supply chain partners. Establishes purchasing processes and procedures for the organization. Evaluate technology needs and procure essential technology products. Ensure purchases remain within budget and on schedule. Manage inventory levels and receive requisitions, reviewing each item for specifications for quantity, specifications, and delivery requirements. Collaborate with other departments to prioritize procurement needs. Develop and investigate supply sources, and issue request proposals, quotations, or bids for those items not covered by any existing purchasing agreement.
- Responsible for leading Strategic Sourcing efforts for the Operations and Facilities category(s) encompassing over $180M in global annual spend.
- Develops short-term and long-term category specific strategies and plans that align with the Company goals for reducing costs and meeting financial expectation, while managing vendor performance and relationships.
- Effectively document, communicate, and gain buy-in for the strategies from global and regional function and Operations leaders. Prepare vendor recommendations for decision-making.
- Interacts with stakeholders to develop, engage and lead supplier relationships that drive the greatest value in supplier quality, total cost effectiveness, enhanced service levels, risk management, sustainability, supplier diversity, and innovation.
- Manage the ongoing performance of our suppliers including setting objectives and service level agreements (SLAs), tracking and reporting KPI performance, supplier scorecards, and prioritizing and leading improvement efforts where warranted.
- Executes category sourcing strategies including development and execution of RFI’s and RFP’s, documents bid events through correspondence to suppliers; develops selection criteria and drives the selection and approval process of suppliers in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Develop negotiation strategies, gain alignment from stakeholders, lead cross-functional, category-based negotiation teams, and implementing appropriate supplier risk analysis.
- Leverages 3rd party subject matter experts to secure information on industry category trends, benchmarking, and best practices.
- Manage contracts, contract negotiation, and contractual dispute resolutions.
- Develop and utilize a Strategic Sourcing playbook to empower key stakeholders and maximize strategic sourcing leverage, optimize project design and minimize project durations and cost.
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- BA/BS degree; Supply Chain Management or related preferred
- CPM, CPIM (APICS), or other Strategic Sourcing certification a plus
- 7-10 years Indirect Strategic Sourcing and Category Management experience including sourcing of the Operations and Facility commodities in a distribution network.
- RFI, RFQ, RFP and/or bid analysis experience required
- Supply Chain Operations experience a plus
- Experience sourcing and partnering with stakeholders globally a plus
- Commercial and business acumen beyond Strategic Sourcing
- Strong Supplier Relationship Management skills
- Strong financial, quantitative, cost modeling, and data analysis skills
- Experience negotiating complex contracts including strategic partnerships, pricing, SLAs, and other terms and conditions
- Ability to assess suppliers against their contractual commitments and develop performance improvement plans for those not meeting commitments
- Change agent with ability to influence at all levels of the organization and with suppliers
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong project management and process improvement skills
- Problem solving experience in reducing total costs, improving processes, and reducing supplier risk
- Advanced knowledge of SAP, P2P Suites, and Microsoft Suite (especially Excel)
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing and you may not perform all of these duties. Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.