Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Performs a variety of support activities for the Americas Compliance department including conducting compliance trainings, hotline campaigns, providing feedback to the Director, Compliance Officer Americas necessary to draft and/or update the legal policies, collecting and reporting on metrics, promoting the implementation of new compliance initiatives, coordinating logistics for communications and training initiatives, managing records/files and administrative tasks such as meeting, scheduling and set-up, expense reports, invoice processing, etc. Identifies opportunities to improve business processes and participates in the improvement of those processes. Under the supervision of the Director, Compliance Officer Americas, identify compliance problems and provide guidance on ethics and compliance matters. Work cross-functionally with the Legal Department, Internal Audit, HR, Security and IS. Identifying and recommending compliance best practices. Support the Chief Compliance Officer on specific global initiatives (such as managing the global compliance training program or the Annual Certificate of Legal and Ethical Compliance or working on Data Analytics or effectiveness metrics.)
Assists the Director, Compliance Officer Compliance Officer Americas in implementing various compliance initiatives, such as compliance week, and processes across the Americas region used to support the Ingram Micro compliance program for:
- Compliance training/communications
- Assessment of the program effectiveness to avoid non-compliance
- To do so, the Compliance Professional II will:
- Compile status reports, prepares presentations, coordinates and maintains schedules and meetings, and provides calendar updates.
- Train associates on IM Compliance Policies
- Assist in the scheduling of and manages records regarding compliance-related training and activities
- Identify the appropriate data to prepare analysis and updates.
- Coordinate various compliance processes such as the development/in-person delivery of compliance trainings.
- Identify compliance problems that call for formal attention and provides guidance to associates on how to proceed according to the policies after informing and consulting with the Director, Compliance Officer Americas
- Suggest risk management strategies to avoid non-compliance
- Provide feedback from a business perspective to the Director, Compliance Officer Americas necessary to draft and/or update the legal policies
- Serve as liaison with other functional areas to remain apprised on status of the above processes conversely, keeps relevant Company Compliance Officers aware of user issues and potential adverse impacts.
- Draft process- or initiative-related documentation and communications, as instructed.
- Conduct Hotline data analytics to determine point of focus for the program.
- Implements of country and regional reports summarizing areas of risks.
- Conduct Data Analytics and Monitor internal procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risk.
- Report weakness or strengths to management on the company’s related compliance with laws and regulations, based on data obtained from the IM systems.
- Report to management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
The Compliance Professional II will work cross-functionally with the Legal Dept., Internal Audit, HR, Security and IS and a certain amount of travel is expected, in the future, to ensure that the compliance message effectively reaches the field operations.
Additionally, this position will include a specific focus on export compliance matters. As a result, the Compliance Professional II will be responsible for:
- Managing the US import greenlight process for U.S. import shipments, working with local brokers and communicating with internal and external import clients.
- Supporting the Export Management Compliance Program
- Measuring, auditing and monitoring all trade programs
- Compliance research and thought leadership
- Providing trade compliance training On-site and WebEx sessions
- Supporting Operations and Legal teams on trade related matters
- Creating and manages compliance SOPs to meet compliance standards defined by the Compliance Director.
- Training appropriate program to employees regarding export compliance contractual requirements.
- Advising management on the company’s compliance with export laws and regulations through detailed reports.
- Managing Venezuela end user check process.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.