Administrative and Transport Co-ordinator
Middleton, United Kingdom
Job ID: 43759
Administrative and Transportation Coordinator
SCOPE & PURPOSE OF ROLE:
- Working within a busy environment based in Manchester, working for one or multiple smaller contracts on site.
- You will be required to plan and oversee all aspects of administration and transportation.
- You will be a key contact for the day to day relationship for internal and external customers
- Establish excellent working relationships and partnerships, based on an open two-way communication style, with operational staff, Site Manager and Logistics.
PRINCIPAL TASKS OF JOB / CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Optimize transport planning in the most efficient way for customer and stakeholders
Maintain proper and accurate Pre-Shipment and Post-shipment Administration
- Track and Trace
- Proof of Delivery
- Over, short, and damaged shipment issues
- Evaluates, records, and responds to additional/special service requests.
- Work with transportation providers and freight payment team to ensure proper accessorial cost and flows
- Handle damage and loss claims
- Assists in troubleshooting and resolving safety, service, and operational issues
- Create all required reports for both internal and external customers
- Management reports, Lounge reports, and Productivity reports etc.
- Check inbound reports vs actual receipts
- Maintain the efficient and safe utilisation of work area and floor space
- Ensure quality procedures are followed and quality records maintained.
- Meet on time delivery (OTD) requirements and follow on discrepancies with suppliers
- and Customer Service.
- Stakeholder management; adequately and proactively inform Customer Service departments and suppliers.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Must be able to organise efficient use of time to optimise production output
- Team Focused
- Possess effective communication skills and have ability to feedback issues
- Proficient in computer reporting
- Customer Focused
- Excellent Communication skills
- Target Driven
- Problem Solving,
- Planning and Organising,
- Health and Safety minded.
- Accurate and adaptable.
- Experience of report production in a variety of system templates (Excel, SmartPortal, Word).
Fundamentals and Competencies Required:
- Good communication skills and personal drive.
- Accept accountability and responsibility for the role to be undertaken.
•2-4 years of experience in related field
•Highly effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
Fluent in English,Dutch as a second language would be an advantage.
•Functional knowledge of Supply Chain
•Preferably knowledge of import and export
•Interpersonal skills and relationship building