Training Specialist- Warehouse Operations
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Job ID: 43832
Description Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Combined with distinct market insights and the trust and dependability generated from decades of strong partner relationships, Ingram Micro stands apart as the global technology services provider for the future.
Ingram Micro is looking for a Warehouse Training Specialist/ Forklift Trainer to join our Training Department!
- Ensure associates receive a thorough understanding of work instructions through day-to-day classroom and on the job training
- Facilitate distribution center orientation sessions for new associates
- Conduct machine operator assessments on Raymond Reach, Order Picker/ Cherry Picker, and Double Walkie.
- Responsible for training associates on how to properly drive forklifts through classroom and on the job training sessions
- Complete training/re-training sign-off checklists
- Develop, document, and maintain work instructions for all areas within the respective department
- Provide distribution center tours in a professional manner
- Communicate with Operations team regarding training, safety and quality through email and/or meetings
- Ensure training documents such as sign-off lists are organized and filed in a safe/secure location
- Demonstrates strong health and safety awareness and practices.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Minimum of 2 years experience as a warehouse trainer and forklift trainer
- At least 2 years of experience in a warehouse distribution environment
- Forklift License/ Experience for Raymond Reach, Order Picker/ Cherry Picker, and Double Walkie
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Certificate
- Train the Trainer Certificate
- First Aid Certificate is an asset
- Proven organizational, time management and investigational skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Take accountability for own actions and improve/learn through experience
The ideal candidate must be flexible in shift timings and must be able to work OT as required by business conditions.
Shift: Monday to Friday 1:30PM-10PM
Ingram Micro is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer, with focus on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition Specialist/Job Poster and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. We will try our best to make these accommodations. Please do not include any medical or health information in this email.