Senior Operations Manager - Jonestown, PA
Jonestown, PA, United States
Job ID: 43877
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012
We’re Hiring for Senior Manager of Operations at our Jonestown campus Advanced Logistics Center!
This is an opportunity for a senior leader to take responsibility for all facets of one or multiple operations within our 840,000 square foot campus.
INGRAM MICRO FACT SHEET:
- $47 Billion in revenue
- Ship 1.5 billion units per year
- 189 logistics centers and service centers worldwide
- 25 million pounds of electronic waste repaired, refurbished and recycled in 2019
- Operations in 59 countries with 35,000 associates covering 6 continents
- 1 out of 2 mobile devices are distributed in our warehouse
- Plan, direct, organize and control the activities of an Advanced Logistics Center 3PL operation which supports significant volumes of both B2C and B2B orders
- Leads outbound department
- Effective client management and consistent communication and follow through on their requests
- Read, interpret, and understand client’s contractual requirements and implement processes to support
- Supervision of the physical operations of the site, inclusive of inbound, outbound, and inventory control operations
- Ensures efficient and profitable operations; uses independent judgment within the framework of established policies in decision making
- Makes recommendations and assist in the formulation of company objectives, policies, and plans
- Plans, examines, analyzes and evaluates site operations with respect to quality standards, safety standards, and customer support. Understands ISO 9001:2015 and 14001:2015 standards
- Promotes and drives Continuous Improvement principles and initiatives
- Responsible for budget control and justification for capital expenditures
- Communicates effectively with partner, customers, and site associates
- Handles details of personnel administration in conjunction with the HR department, including but not limited to disciplinary actions, performance appraisals, transfers, terminations etc. Implements and interprets company policy; maintains company policy manuals
- Develops leaders to build bench strength for future growth opportunities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum seven years of leadership experience in a distribution / 3rd party logistics environment
- Senior Manager / GM / Director level roles are most aligned to this position
- Ability to travel as required. Knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Excellent written and oral communication skills
FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of warehouse operations, methods, and procedures.
- Strong Continuous Improvement or Lean background is a big plus.
- A strong desire to teach and coach teams to success.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Self-starter to lead change and make independent and informed decisions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Intermediate expertise with Microsoft Office.
INGRAM MICRO BENEFITS:
- Medical benefits go into effect the first 2 weeks of employment
- 401K is vested upon hire
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Business Casual Dress Code
- Discount Programs that include wellness, technology, retail, and more!
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.