Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $49 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Are you looking for career progression? You have come to the right spot. We are looking for a strategic, "out of the box thinker" as our next Senior Accountant. This person will partner with our US and international mobility business leaders and provide one on one coaching and guidance. This is a highly visible role.
INGRAM MICRO FACTS:
- Ingram Micro does $49 Billion in revenue
- We ship 1.5 billion units per year
- We have 189 logistics centers and service centers worldwide
- Operations in 59 countries with 35,000 associates covering 6 continents
- 1 out of 2 mobile devices are distributed in our warehouse
The Senior Accountant will partner with our business teams in the US and internationally. The Senior Accountant will provide accounting support to our business groups (Distribution, Forward Logistics and Reverse Logistics for CLS Mobility), along with analytical analysis of financial reports, forecasts, and trending financial data.
- Independently and accurately produce reconciliations and month-end accruals, ensuring accurate entries in the financial ERP in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Ensure monthly closing duties are performed by their deadlines, including preparing journal entries, reconciling accounts, and producing and distributing reports.
- Analyze financial results and provide concise explanations for variances.
- Work closely with financial leaders to provide financial insights and feedback.
- Assist with external audit(s) including process demonstrations.
- Prepare and maintain process documentation.
- Assist with department wide projects to improve process efficiency and add value.
- Serve as a mentor for less experienced staff.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
- Work closely with Account Management to resolve issues as they arise.
- Update, review, and distribute dashboards with KPIs based on financial trends, providing actionable insights and relevant context.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 5 + years of industry accounting experience (or)
- 3 + years public accounting experience
- Big 4 public accounting experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS office suite, specifically Excel and Access.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Effective prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Strong initiative to strive for continuous accuracy, quality, and timeliness of information.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships through strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on relationship-building and consistent demonstration of solid professional judgment.
- Advanced Excel skillset, specifically PowerPivot
- MS Power BI experience
- SQL experience
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.