Taguig City, Philippines
Job ID: 43557
Job Description: Sr Professional, ERP Applications
Section 1: Identifying Information
Sr Professional, ERP Applications
Global IS – SAP FI AMS
Positions reporting to this position
Target team size:
Section 2: Position Summary
Guidelines: Please provide a brief summary of the overall scope of the position.
We are seeking a SAP Support Analyst to join our SAP Center of Excellence (CoE) team, specifically FI Track, composed of highly motivated, talented individuals in providing SAP IT Services to the different Ingram Micro business units – mostly under Technology Solutions and Commerce & Fulfillment. The candidate should have practical knowledge and experience mainly in SAP FI, SAP COPA and SAP PS as well integration with other SAP modules – MM, SD, HR and PS. This resource should have good knowledge of the finance business process.
The position will be working with business owners/users and solution owners on process and operational requirements in providing maintenance support. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a technology driven organization with an understanding of IT Service Management, project lifecycle, requirements gathering and system analysis with the ability to participate and sometimes lead discussions and meetings. Candidates must have a strong verbal and written command of the English language with the ability to clearly communicate with stakeholders. This is an opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging organization which is highly focused on results.
Section 3: Responsibilities, Supporting Actions & End-Results
Guidelines: List the essential responsibilities, functions and/or activities, provide the supporting actions to describe how the work will be accomplished and provide the desired end results. List the responsibilities in order of importance and the estimated percentage of time for the responsibility (no one responsibility should be greater than 60% of time or less than 10%). The most important responsibility is not necessarily the one where the most amount of time is spent.
Major Responsibility:Provide functional support following the defined operational processes, ITSM processes and supporting tools
Supporting Actions:- Review and understand all existing processes as configured in the SAP Finance (FI, COPA,
HR, PS, FSCM) including client specific enhancements and customizations
- Plans, leads and performs financial process monitoring during period end closing (monthly/yearly)
- Performs Incident, Problem and Change Management tasks/activities thru problem solving/analysis, bug fixing and coordination with users/stakeholders and other support groups
- Adhere to globally defined ITSM processes and SAP CoE processes (i.e., use of ChaRM in Solution Manager) for proper tracking/monitoring,
- Performs risk, schedule and cost impact analysis for small enhancements by working with different workstreams in resolving technical issues.
- Performs on-call support work based on the 24x7 support service and the team rotation defined and agreed.
- Participate and/or lead bridge calls to facilitate coordination and problem resolution of SEV1 and SEV2 incidents
- Ensures completeness of problem/impact analysis and that Post Mortems are completed for all SEV1 and SEV2 incidents as appropriate.
- Reviews completeness of root cause and recommended resolution / workarounds.
- Participates in Operations or Problem Management calls/meetings as required.
- Create documentations as needed to build solution and operational knowledge
- Leads or drives innovation as part of Continual Service Improvement of the SAP CoE team
End Results:SLA targets and project timelines met. Positive feedback from customer service experience. Managed business and technical escalations tracked via the regular significant incident review calls/meetings.
Major Responsibility:Participate as a functional resource to SAP projects especially those involving SAP FI
Supporting Actions:- Adhere to project priorities and deadlines and proactively communicate risks and/or issues
that may impact project objectives, budgets or timelines
- Follow PMO guidelines for project delivery and methodology and assist in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities (processes, people) to improve project delivery and/or development methodologies.
End Results:Project timely delivery within cost and with quality.
Major Responsibility:Exhibit interpersonal skills day in and day out
Supporting Actions:- Provides functional and technical guidance to less senior teammates in troubleshooting or
performing day-to-day tasks
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to a high performance environment.
- Demonstrate good communication skills internally and externally with partners.
- Fully understand Ingram Micro’s policies and procedures and act in accordance with all company policies.
- Participate in SAP AMS and IS organizational activities in support of the business unit’s goals and objectives
End Results:Delivers quality work exhibiting collaborative behaviors with other teams or groups. Able to contribute to service/operational improvements. Participates and contributes to company and/or organization wide initiatives.
Major Responsibility:Leading and Managing People
Supporting Actions:- Works closely with the Team Lead in managing day-to-day operations for the SAP FI
- Serve the Subject Matter Expert responsible for reviewing functional solutions for bug fixing and small enhancement proposed/prepared by other functional resources
- Serve as backup escalation in bridge call or other operational concerns as per need basis (e.g., Team Lead is unavailable)
- Provides coaching/guidance to other associates based on competencies as part of their development plan
End Results:Provides functional/technical leadership in support of management decision and direction. Coaches other associates guided by the seven (7) leadership competencies; Able to lead by example thru quality work and exhibits good work ethics every day.
Section 4: Decision Making Authority Level
Guidelines: Describe the authority held by the position by listing the main decisions that the position is free to make and explain the decisions that depend on the position’s advice.
Decisions free to make:
Firefighting production issues raised via incidents
Fulfillment of Service Requests raised by users or other support groups
Propose functional solution or design changes for production issues or small enhancements subject for review of the product owner
Explain the decisions that depend on position’s advice:
As a functional leader, the person can provide feasible and sound solutions with respect to the overall design and business flow. The person should be able to correctly assess the business and functional impact of the reported issue/incident as well as the proposed solution/fix. He/She should then be able to work closely with the Product Owner in creating deployment plans and ensuring minimal to zero business interruptions related to system changes/implementations.
Example decisions that depend on position’s advice:
Build proposal on functional solution designs for bug fixes or small enhancements
Job recovery steps due to planned or unplanned system downtimes
Section 5: Scope/Dimensions
Guidelines: List the main quantitative measures that define the size and scope of the position (headcount, budget, profit dollar target).
Collaborates with SAP CoE Teams located in the US and India
Part of the local team of around 30+ headcount and part of an organization of around 300+ headcount
Ensures that requests, incidents, RFCs, and problem tickets are handled with urgency and completed in compliance with published SLAs.
Section 6: Job Qualifications and Educational Requirement
Guidelines: Provide the education, experience, skills and competencies necessary to perform the position.
Graduate of 4-year college course (preferably IT or Engineering)
Working user experience with MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint) or Office 365
Minimum 5 - 7 years of hands-on SAP FICO support experience is required
Minimum 3 - 5 years of previous experience in application maintenance or support work is required
Minimum 2 - 3 years of previous experience in project management, systems analysis and design is required
Working knowledge and hands-on experience on the following areas is required:
Practical experience in ABAP debugging as part of problem solving or root cause analysis is required
Practical experience in documenting solutions and functional designs to support development of objects based on the stated business requirements and goals is required
Working knowledge of ITSM processes (especially, Incident and Change Management) and/or ITIL best practices is required
Previous experience in project management, systems analysis and design is desired.
Working knowledge on FSCM modules like Credit Management, Collection and Dispute Management is an advantage
Working knowledge on SAP Master Data Governance Knowledge is an advantage
Working knowledge on VIM Open Text, Concur and IDOC is an advantage
Working knowledge of SAP BASIS and NetWeaver is desirable
Working knowledge on SAP HANA or S/4 HANA is desirable
Familiar/trained in SAP Capacity and Performance concepts and/or best practices is desirable
Working knowledge of SAP Solution Manager and HP Quality Center or other Incident Management and Change Management systems is desirable
Experience working in a multicultural environment
Section 7: IM Competencies
Guidelines: Provide the IM Competencies necessary to perform the position.
Collaboration and Influence – Interpersonal Savvy, Collaborates, Communicates Effectively, Persuades
Results-Oriented – Accountability, Drives Results, Action Oriented
Team Leadership – Instills Trust
Judgement and Decision Making – Decision Quality
Optimizes Work Processes
Change Agent - Manages Ambiguity, Being Resilient, Self-Development/nimble learning
Section 8: Other Information
Guidelines: Indicate any information that would be helpful in understanding the nature, scope or purpose of the position, or any unusual or hazardous conditions associated with performing the position.
Resource is willing to work on a shifting schedule (esp., night/graveyard shift - no exceptions)
Travel is probable for this position thus should not have travel restrictions (likely to US and India)