Engineer, Application Support
Santander, CB, Spain
Job ID: 37173
CloudBlue, a business of Ingram Micro, provides the only cloud commerce engine with a proven hyper-scale digital platform and today powers the world’s largest service provider marketplaces, totaling more than 30 million seats globally. CloudBlue comes from $500 million in investments, including the acquisitions of Odin, Ensim, and four other software companies. Our CloudBlue commerce platform enables companies to rapidly increase their level of success in the cloud market by building, scaling, and monetizing services. With proven proficiency in SaaS, IaaS, IoT, security, and XaaS technologies, we invite visionaries to join our team and make an impact on this fast-growing industry.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for providing technical support for CloudBlue products, helping customers from all over the world. You will use your expertise to answer how-to questions, recommend best practices, diagnose, and troubleshoot problems related to CloudBlue products.
- Answer how-to questions and recommend best practices related to CloudBlue product functionality and configuration.
- Investigate technical issues reported by customers, troubleshoot, and identify solutions and root causes.
- Resolve problems by applying correct procedures and documentation.
- Collaborate with other teams (e.g., Developers, Account Managers, Product Team) to successfully resolve the reported issues.
- Manage own time and workload, provide prompt and accurate feedback and status updates to customers according to SLA.
- Ensure proper recording and status update/closure of all processed tickets in the request tracker.
- Document investigation steps and applied solutions in the form of tech notes and knowledge base articles.
- Adhere to defined standards and measures for quality and customer satisfaction requirements.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about CloudBlue products, related products and technologies, and support processes by attending training and self-study.
Skills and expertise:
- Linux system administration experience (CentOS, RHEL).
- Practical experience with networking and network services configuration: ability to provide examples of troubleshooting and resolve test troubleshooting cases:
- IP addressing and subnetting, routing concepts
- Understanding of system logs and experience with troubleshooting/monitoring utilities.
- Relevant web hosting experience.
- Standards, protocols, and data formats used for APIs and systems integration: JSON, XML, REST, SOAP, XML-RPC, OAuth, SAML.
- SQL experience: analyzing and composing queries.
- Good verbal and written communication, fluent in English (B2 minimum).
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively with others.
- Strong customer focus.
- Ability to stay calm & focused under pressure.
- Desire to learn and ability to learn fast.
The following skills and expertise would be a plus:
- Virtualization (Virtuozzo/Azure/AWS) and containerization (Docker/Kubernetes) experience.
- Browser console debugging experience (analyze XHR requests, responses, catch exceptions, reproduce using curl).
- Experience with java wildfly application server (configuration, dump and log analysis).
- Scripting expertise (e.g., Bash, Python, PHP).
- Performance troubleshooting skills (with tools like ps, top, sar, strace).
What we offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Working only during day shifts (follow-the-sun support model).
- Career growth within the support team and into other functions.
- Opportunity to obtain external technical certifications (e.g., RedHat, Microsoft, Azure, AWS).
- Sanitas insurance.
- Restaurant tickets.