Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue (2019), we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 35,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
We operate in geographical areas, led by a Group President who receives support from global Business Unit leaders for each line of business like CLS (Commerce & Lifecycle services) and Cloud, and global functional leaders (like HR, Finance, Legal and Information Systems). Each Country Chief Executive (CCE) is accountable for the full P&L in the country.
Our HR organization is organized globally with centers of excellence including Compensation and Benefits, Organization Development, Learning & Development, Talent Management, HR Information Systems and Talent Acquisition. The global HR organization has a strong focus on a ‘One plan, One company, One team’ strategy and is working hard to make our company a talent factory.
In China, our main headquarters is in Shanghai, where you will be based out of.
In this full-time job of Director HR
, you will report directly into Monique Hopmans
, our VP HR EMEA & APAC and indirectly to Frank Zhang
, our SVP and Country Chief Executive China.
What will you do?
- You will oversee all Ingram Micro sites in China.
- You are responsible for the China markets, that involves a total of approximately 1.000 FTE.
- You will work closely together with Frank and the country & business Management Teams in China.
- You will be a member of the APAC HR leadership team and the senior country leadership team.
- You will further develop one HR team which speaks with one voice and which closely collaborates efficiently in all areas like Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development and Payroll. Our deployments of Workday and Jobvite will enhance these opportunities.
What experience do you bring?
- You have extensive experience with working in an ever-changing and dynamic global multi-matrix working environment, with clear focus on the China day-to-day operations balanced with global corporate strategies, values, and goals. This in a similar position.
- You are a true leader who will be able to ‘stand out from the crowd' to significantly strengthen the HR teams and become one truly professional HR team supporting the various businesses in the China organization.
- You have experience with translating global HR strategies and goals into local HR plans and standards are essential to “make things work” on the local end.
- You have experience with large HR projects and implementing new HR systems & strategies (Performance Management Systems).
- You are experienced with working with works councils in changing times.
- You have Merger & Acquisition HR related experience, integrating new acquired division(s) into local set up, securing the mutual interest and support of the overall direction of entire country set up, (including new acquired divisions).
- You have HR management and Change Management experience on senior B2B level, knowledge of local HR standards, procedures, and legal related topics.
What competencies do you bring?
- You feel comfortable in taking an independent standpoint and position and can communicate about it with the various stakeholders.
- You can proactively drive change and is able to spark enthusiasm in others, possess excellent interaction skills, a confident presentation style, and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- You are a long-term business thinker, and relationship builder.
- You are a trusted adviser on several levels, able to translate and implement ‘global to local’.
- You are a self-driven capability builder with a strong personality.
- You have a university degree in HR, Legal or similar, gained through experience, with a preference for a graduate degree.
What’s in it for you?
You will get a great opportunity to drive the success of our China organization, to further grow our business. We provide a fun, professional, and challenging international business setting. Finally, you will get the chance to become part of the world's leading Technology Solutions provider in the world.
We will support you in your professional and personal development, by providing you with access to LinkedIn Learning and many high-quality training courses to increase your knowledge and expertise.
We are a large organization with many national and international career opportunities, meaning we can provide you with great career opportunities for years to come, with you in the driver seat.