Sr. Vendor Business Manager - DS&I
Williamsville, NY, United States
Job ID: 43611
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud, and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Ingram Micro Technology Solutions provide businesses with immediate access to inventory all over the world—from household names to up-and-coming brands—we touch 80% of all global technology on its journey to the end customer.
Ingram Micro’s Advanced Solutions division is seeking a Sr. Vendor Business Manager that will drive strategy for vendor partnerships in Data Center, Software and Infrastructure. The 3 Vendors you will be supporting are APC, Eaton & Tripp Lite. We are looking for someone experienced in Technology Distribution/Sales with forecasting/ planning, managing P&L’s, solid understanding of the sales cycle and managing inventory. Prior experience managing inventory/freight, specifically the complexities of global shipping of heavy (5000lb) products and the impact to all involved parties is a must.
This role can be located in our Buffalo, NY or Irvine, CA office. Hybrid/Mixed schedule of in office and remote.
Your role as Vendor Business Manager:
- Develop and facilitate profitable partnerships and strategic management of the vendor relationship
- Develop business plans and drive business for vendors or project within a business unit
- Understand vendors key initiatives, assisting category manager with products and markets served
- Act as a resource to the department as an expert on your vendor’s business and strategy
- Recommend new opportunities for incremental sale
- Offer feedback on the competition
- The Vendor Business Manager is accountable for the profitability of assigned vendor line(s) and business segments or projects
- Provide input on promotions, product launches, and suggestive selling
- Responsible for managing purchase discounts, automated cost over-rides (ACOP), vendor rebate funds (VRF) and rebate collections
- Negotiate terms and conditions, rebate structure and, buy-in and deals
- Determine parameters for inventory stocking strategy, the return of the product, forecasting, payment decisions, Excess & Obsolete inventory management, and priority allocation
- Serve as elevation point for buybacks and customer return allowances
- Negotiate terms and conditions
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree desirable or equivalent work experience
- Min 10 years of functional including 5 of those years with Technology Distribution/Channel/Reseller/Vendor experience
- Must have experience working through the logistics & complexities of global shipping of large products (5000lbs) and the managing costs/inventory, forecasting/planning as well as overall impacts to bottom line tied to this
- Experienced with financial modeling/forecasting & planning
- Knowledge of technology products and distribution channels
- Knowledge of Ingram's business practices, processes and systems is a plus
- Knowledge of general computer applications (Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel) required.
- Strong negotiation skills – must be an influencer
- Proven sales skills and working experience in developing business plans required
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and understand/communicate complex financial data.
- Ability to implement recommendations and see projects through to completion
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits that include generous Paid Time off, 401K Match, Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage as well as Tuition Reimbursement program
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Excellent career mobility – Just network with any of our associates and learn about their journeys at Ingram Micro!
A place that you will love to come to work every day!
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.