Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 64 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
Supervisor, DNA Application Maintenance
Ingram Micro Job Title
Supervisor, Business Systems
M1 Manager, DnA
Digitalization and Applications Management (DnA)
Team Size /
Positions reporting to this position
10 to 15 Level 1 & 2 Business Systems Professionals
The Supervisor, DNA Application Maintenance (Supervisor, Business Systems) will support the GBS strategy by ensuring the maintenance and support for DNA tools and products.
This role will manage day to day activities and maintain relationship with global, and local GBS teams in GBS.
The role also demands a close collaboration with the DNA ITPMs and Software Engineers teams to drive strategies in supporting implemented projects of DNA e.g. process automations (RPA), web applications and global projects such as iBPS.
Responsible in ensuring maintenance and administration of the GBS tools and products. Responsible to developing methods and strategies for operational support, prioritization, standardization and optimization for GBS organization.
The role entails improvements on the business strategies, operational innovation and technological solutions with the goal of improving operational efficiency, effectiveness, customer experience and service delivery.
A key role of the position is to focus on the quality production support, service deliver and meeting the objective of the DNA department. The role will also work closely with Ingram Micro IS to ensure technology stabilization and resource alignment.
What You Bring to the Role:
Team Management (45%)
- Improve team members' capabilities and competitiveness by creating path and opportunities for learning
- Increase individual and team skills and knowledge with Technical and Non-technical training based on teams' weakness and opportunities detection
- Perform monthly or quarterly abilities/skills detection and performance management
- Define training plan for the team based on developmental interest and need of the team members
- Guide the team in defining and achieving their individual goals
- Hold 1 on 1 sessions to the team to monitor, discuss, and connect for meaningful on conversations about their career path, performance, and goals.
- Delegate tasks and manage team members work allocation.
- Manage team involvement and engagement with organization's activities and initiatives.
End Results: Ensure to keep the team members' motivation and involvement and guide their career progression.
Service Management (35%)
- Improve maintenance and development speed & effectiveness on service management by learning and improving internal process to meet SLA agreement and effective production support.
- Ensure that Knowledge Base documentations is consistently updated and managed by the team.
- Perform frequent SCRUM Meetings with the team to make sure that projects are on track, drive resolution on bugs fixes and application enhancements
- Conduct frequent meetings with the teams to get top offender issues and determine priorities for bug fixing and applications’ enhancements
- Close collaboration with internal teams across GBS locations to follow same process & procedures
- Conduct frequent meetings with all development cycle implicated teams to get feedback and improve internal team’s connection and processes.
- Update and maintain all required documentation (standards, processes, guides) with the help of the development team.
- Establish and maintain the Version Control and Source Code Repository
- Establish clear administration of deployed solutions/automations
- Act as the team's internal Project Manager, aligning Projects with the team's assignments
- Enable and initiate ideation and improvement projects within the team to improve service management of the Maintenance team
- Conduct effort estimation, scheduling and resource management
- Drive standardization and consolidation of processes between segments of Level 2 Support
End Results: Effective team governance for a successful maintenance of DNA tools.
Performance and Operation Management (20%)
- Provide prompt, accurate and comprehensible SDLC metrics
- Define and follow metrics that show data about the maintenance process and allow taking opportune and strategic decisions in the continuous pursuit for synergies and improvement opportunities.
- Define, track and follow needed metrics, according to established (KPIs) for various tools and project maintenance.
- Define, monitor and follow development performance metrics for various tools and project maintenance.
- Define, build and monitor dashboards and portals to ensure various tools running on optimal level.
- Coordination and administration of DNA Maintenance and various tool performance.
- Manage applications' customer needs and corresponding quality needs of the fixes
- Implement a QA process that allows testing apps during maintenance phase and ensures applications quality according to customer’s needs.
- Provide complete support during Hypercare and Maintenance phases
End Results: Tracking, monitoring and reporting of various DNA tool and systems performance to ensure updates, communications and tool performance are managed.
Decision Making Authority Level
Decisions free to make:
- Resource allocation
- Project Management
- Process and Governance-related Actions
- Quality-related Decisions
- Strategy to meet team training needs
Explain the decisions that depend on position’s advice:
- Pipeline management requires allocation of resource to the projects, which includes quantity assignment and prioritization of tasks. This would also entail shifting requirements of the resources involved.
- Management of tasks that includes timelines and delivery dates, as well as performing SCRUM Meetings to ensure timely project delivery. This also includes providing updates to stakeholders and internal customers.
- Establishing a governance process that would ensure that guidelines are in place, so that Service Delivery to the business can be provided without much need for decision-making at every step.
- Establishing a process that would ensure that the best quality of work will be delivered to the business. This includes setting-up standards and best practices needed to accomplish the objectives.
- Ensuring that continuous improvement of the associates with regards to their skills.
The Ideal Candidate must have the qualifications:
- Min 5 years of functional experience in Software/Application Service Management
- Min 2 years of experience and intermediate knowledge Project Management – Incident & Resolution / BCP
- 3 years relevant experience in people management preferred.
- Working experience in SDLC – Deployment & User Support Service Management
- Working experience in Agile methodology
- Working experience and intermediate knowledge on ServiceNow application
INGRAM MICRO ASSOCIATE (INTERNAL) CANDIDATE QUALIFICATION
- ICO Application Signed off by Immediate Manager and Department Head
- Meeting ICO Standard Qualifications (Tenure in current role, PPD, No outstanding disciplinary actions).
- Attended DNA/RPA Bootcamp
- Technical Skill Proficiency will be assessed and determined upon assessment with the DNA team.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.