Vendor Business Manager- Business Consumer Solutions
Williamsville, NY, United States
Job ID: 43309
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud, and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Ingram Micro Technology Solutions provide businesses with immediate access to inventory all over the world—from household names to up-and-coming brands—we touch 80% of all global technology on its journey to the end customer.
We are seeking a Vendor Business Manager for our Business Consumer Solutions supporting Logitech, Vizio and LG. The Vendor Business Manager works as a liaison between our vendors and the sales teams driving strategy for the overall partnership. The ideal candidate will have a strong financial acumen, is able to work through complexities such as rebate programs to drive profitability and is able to put together a business plan that will engage buy in from various groups.
Your role as Vendor Business Manager:
- Develop and facilitate profitable partnerships and strategic management of the vendor relationship
- Develop business plans and drive business for designated vendor partnerships
- Recommend new opportunities for incremental sale
- Offer feedback on the competition
- The Vendor Business Manager is accountable for the profitability of assigned vendor line(s) and business segments or projects
- Provide input on promotions, product launches, and suggestive selling
- Responsible for managing purchase discounts, automated cost over-rides (ACOP), vendor rebate funds (VRF) and rebate collections
- Negotiate terms and conditions, rebate structure and, buy-in and deals
- Determine parameters for inventory stocking strategy, the return of the product, forecasting, payment decisions, Excess & Obsolete inventory management, and priority allocation
- Serve as elevation point for buybacks and customer return allowances
- Negotiate terms and conditions
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree desirable or equivalent work experience
- Five plus years related industry experience
- 3+ years of experience supporting relevant vendor partnerships
- Knowledge of financial modeling and forecasting
- Knowledge of technology products and distribution channels
- Knowledge of Ingram's business practices, processes and systems is a plus
- Knowledge of general computer applications required. Proficiency in Excel Required
- Strong negotiation skills – must be an influencer
- Proven sales skills and working experience in developing business plans required
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and understand/communicate complex financial data.
- Ability to implement recommendations and see projects through to completion
What you can expect from us:
- Comprehensive training
- Opportunity to begin a long-term career with unlimited growth and advancement with a stable and growing organization!!!
- Medical, vision, dental insurance – we even have options for your pets!
- 401k with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid vacation and sick day
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.