Associate Project Leader-IND
Mumbai, MH, India
Job ID: 43867
The SAP Project Lead is the primary interface between various business units (or business partners) and the IT teams. They will be responsible for facilitating, prioritizing and communicating functional and technical requirements of small and medium scale projects to the SAP teams. This position must have a thorough understanding of the SAP technology and multi-practice disciplines associated with customer development projects, a working comprehension of the technical components of the Ingram Micro environment, and knowledge of tools and vendors in the marketplace that provide key functionality to similar environments.
The Project Lead is required to coordinate the necessary activities in all areas of
IT, SAP being primary, as applicable for the successful completion of the assigned project. Management skills include proficient communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of internal and client organizations (customers and vendors) to ensure project success, have a demonstrated ability to weigh alternatives, determine strategy, and experience in leading teams. Must possess thorough knowledge of all related business areas and how they interact. They may have staff responsibilities, limited to the tasks associated with the current project.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Leading and Managing People:
- Develops and maintains a productive working relationship with project sponsors, customers, and key systems users. Requires extensive experience in matrix and consensus management.
- Leads users/customers in prioritizing new development projects, enhancement projects for existing systems and system maintenance requests.
- Works with the SAP functional groups to estimate staff resource needs for analysts, programmers, user personnel, consultants, and equipment.
- Coordinates work assignments and schedules to ensure projects stay on track and within budget.
- Uses acquired knowledge across all business areas to provide requirements to applications support in a manner that conveys detail and understanding of our systems and business needs.
- Actively leads and coaches fellow associates in an effort to increase productivity and convey system/business knowledge.
- Manages various support teams as required from project to project and clearly identifying all team member roles and objectives.
- Upon project completion, provides team member performance feedback as needed.
- Coordinates resources across all IT disciplines: Applications Development, operations, network, ECommerce, etc.
- Organizes business and operational data from several sources into technical options, user specifications, cost estimates and timelines. Provide results to business owner in a way that a cost benefit analysis can be performed.
- Organizes data analysis results, recommendations and business designs into a clear concise format for communication to all levels of management associated with or interested in the project. Evaluates project impact to the business and systems.
- Obtains agreement on the business needs, as well as functional and technical requirements across all business functions.
- Develops detailed project plans, obtains and confirms commitments, and tracks completion of tasks against the plans. Projects involve (but not specific to) large organizational wide efforts.
- Ensures that all project phases and necessary resources are properly planned and scheduled. Organizes all aspects of the chosen project into a complete concise project plan that includes: a) Statement of work; b) Scope documentation; c) roles and responsibilities; d) critical success factors; e) project milestones and dates.
- Reviews and scrutinizes partner relationship contracts to ensure accuracy of company commitments.
- Projects management skills at a level to handle 3+ customer accounts or small / medium projects simultaneously.
- Creates, manages and is accountable for budget and monitoring expenditures.
- Expertise in, can instruct others in, and can execute the Systems Development Methodology (SDM) for all size projects.
- Works closely with Delivery manager / lead, Build Manager to assess technical status of project.
- Required to work with external business partners. This can include researching and identifying potential partners, initiating contact, and coordinating activities for project implementation.
- Assesses alternative systems approaches for workability and economic feasibility.
- Works with various functional groups within the Information Technology to understand current processes, new processes in development, and methodologies to work towards implementing efficiencies (where feasible) across all customer customizations and requirements.
- Understands, analyzes, documents, and provides recommendations for project cost/benefit and potential fees charged to the customer.
- Well versed in developing systems applications across business areas. SAP specialization a must.
Subject Matter Expert:
- Develops recommendations, process design changes, functional system specifications and business analysis.
- Good understanding of SAP system, various SAP modules like FI, P2P, OTC, SCE, ABAP, Basis, Master data.
- Good understanding of SAP project management methodology covering Project preparation, Blue print, Build, testing, Cut Over and Go live / Hyper care.
- Awareness on new technology trends in SAP like S4, Hana, Fiori, Hybris etc.
- Leads in the design of innovative solutions to projects and problems. This will include: a) maintain focus on the business opportunity (big picture) not just the scope at hand; b) analyze current performance; c) perform root-cause and/or gap analysis; d) suggest creative alternatives; d) implement best alternative and follow through to financial results.
- Manages the communication flow to be responsive to the business and so that SAP team can anticipate and schedule work proactively.
- Expertise in the IT Systems Development Methodology (SDM). Teach, promote, and serve as a consultant of SDM.
- Actively focus on learning new systems and technologies.
III. Behavioral Competencies
- Expresses ideas and suggestions in an organized and concise manner.
- Produces documents that are clear, concise and grammatically correct.
- Solicits and readily accepts constructive feedback.
- Presents feedback to others in a tactful manner.
- Maintains composure when addressing an adversarial or hostile audience.
- Addresses conflict directly, confidentially, and appropriately.
- Researches and collects appropriate data points for effective decision making.
- Readily makes recommendations and includes necessary documentation and material to support conclusions.
Develops Innovative Practices
- Identifies new ways to use technology to improve work processes.
- Makes a significant contribution to improving work quality.
- Recognizes when it is appropriate to challenge the status quo and when it is not.
- Considers the possible outcomes and corresponding consequences when taking risks.
Works as a Team Member
- Supports team decisions to implement changes, suggestions, improvements, and solutions.
- Encourages and supports the exploration and application of best practices
- Offers assistance to others and shares information regardless of personal likes or dislikes.
- Enthusiastically participates in cross-functional efforts.
- Shares resources across teams to benefit the company’s goals.
- Develops proactive working relationships across departmental/organizational boundaries.
Acts with Integrity & Respect
- Prevents personal conflicts from interfering with his/her objectivity.
- Consistently arrives on time for meetings and appointments.
- Accepts responsibility for the results of his/her decisions and actions.
- Behaves in a way that is consistent with Ingram Micro’s values.
- Communicates important information without compromising confidentiality.
- Encourages diverse perspectives when discussing issues.
- Effectively plans and communicates needs for resources to ensure goals are met.
- Invests in teaching others tasks rather than assuming personal responsibility for the tasks.
- Takes time to thoroughly explain a task or process when training others.
- Breaks down complex tasks into simpler steps that others can more easily follow.
- Balances the need to develop others with the need to meet other responsibilities.
- Gives direct reports additional responsibility as they demonstrate competence.
- Teaches others to solve problems by asking a series of questions and leading them to the correct conclusions.
- Clearly articulates role and expectations with team members.
- Follows up to ensure that major implementation milestones are met.
- Determines the appropriate amount of direct supervision necessary when assigning work.
- Establishes clear directions and priorities for individual associates.
- Helps others to resolve conflicting priorities.
- Meets with associates regularly to discuss goals, expectations, and performance.
- Adjusts his/her management style depending on the skills and needs of his/her associates.
- Gives both positive and constructive feedback.
- Takes ownership/responsibility for finding solutions to problems and implementing them.
- Balances the need to produce a high quantity of work with the need for product quality.
- Keeps up-to-date trends and developments in the market and relevant technological areas.
- Demonstrates a personal interest in direct reports’ career success.
- Effectively uses individuals’ mistakes and challenges as broader learning opportunities for the team.
- Clarifies and reinforces procedures in response to a pattern of mistakes or errors.
- Defines and communicates the expectations for success at different job levels.
- Requires associates to meet job expectations before providing them with growth opportunities or rewards.
- Effectively addresses behavior that undermines teamwork.
- Gives feedback in a way that minimizes defensiveness.
- Develops specific action plans to remedy subordinate performance deficiencies.
- Shares responsibility/blame for direct reports’ mistakes.
- Establishes an environment that promotes a balance of work and personal life.
- Empowers others with the authority necessary to accomplish their objectives.
- Gathers sufficient information on job candidates to make informed hiring/promotion decisions.
- Maintains high standards when hiring, despite pressure to fill open positions.
- Considers candidates’ hard and soft skills when making hiring decisions.
- Insists that customers work with capable subordinates rather than allowing customers to unnecessarily escalate decision-making.
- Continually focuses on improving the quality of customer service.
- Creates and uses measures to track the quality of services and products.
- Encourages associates to devise new ways to improve processes.
- Helps others understand the importance of a change, initiative, or program and visualize what it will look like when it is done.
- Allocates resources consistent with business strategies and priorities.
- Assesses the availability of resources before planning work for others.
- Delegates an appropriate amount of work to direct reports.
- JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business Information Systems or 2 years’ related external experience OR 1 years’ related Ingram Micro experience. PMP Certified or current course work toward certification required.
Experience: Minimum of 8 years experience desired in systems analysis, design, or development of software applications required; minimum of 2 years of management of personnel in project or line capacity required. Minimum 3 years of experience of managing SAP project is required. Work experience of hands on SAP implementation for 1 year is desirable. Experience in financial control, process design and re-engineering, project management, and capital intensive project evaluation such as EVA, IRR or ROIC. Project demands require long hours (overtime) for periods of time. Some travel, domestic and international will be required. Requires exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Possesses knowledge to talk to customers at all levels/all areas of the business to formula business integration plans. Ability to travel domestically or internationally by air required. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visio and Project desired.