Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud, and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Combined with distinct market insights and the trust and dependability generated from decades of strong partner relationships, Ingram Micro stands apart as the global technology services provider for the future.
Program Manager, Business Operations
The Program Manager, Business Operations is a sales liaison between various business units, departments, and/or business partners (internal & external).
The Program Manager role is primarily focused on supporting the operation of the Sales organization in the areas of customer and/or vendor business development, organizational excellence, and alignment as well as improving the overall experience for our customers, vendors, and associates. As this role primarily projects, program, or initiative-based, specific responsibilities will change on a frequent basis.
As new responsibilities are transitioned to the Program Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for developing an appropriate action and/or project plan to facilitate required results. A well-developed communication plan will be required to effectively manage the life cycle of the programs/projects/initiatives.
Responsibilities could include all or part of Partner Connectivity, Customer Service, Workforce Productivity, Salesforce development, Manila Operations, Business Continuity Planning, CTO, RSP support, and other special projects. This list is not all-inclusive and is subject to change as business needs evolve.
Project Management and Execution (30%)
- Design & Planning of North American and Regional projects
- When independently leading a project and/or initiative the incumbent will ensure that the support team functions effectively ensuring business needs are accurately scoped, outcomes are defined and an action plan is developed and communicated.
- When participating in projects and/or initiatives the incumbent will ensure that they are actively engaged, driving assigned action items
- Execution of North American and Regional projects
- The incumbent will ensure that OPEX, customer/vendor requirements, process efficiency, cross-functional implications, and timelines are valid, considered, and met. Effective execution is critical along with defining long-term governance and ownership.
- Develops and delivers training materials where required
- Project Leadership
- Displays ownership and stewardship of the project and related deliverables which may include training of team members and development of the project documentation
- Measuring Results and ongoing governance
- Design the project metrics and reporting where required and assessment of results vs original expectations
- Ensure “hand-off” to the business is documented along with appropriate governance plan to ensure new process, metrics, etc are continued
- Conduct periodic “check-ins” where required post project completion
Program / Initiative Management (30%)
- The incumbent will retain the responsibility of effectively overseeing and managing assigned programs and initiatives
- Independently managing programs will require ”out-of-the-box thinking” and creative solutions to support the business requirements.
- Solicits key stakeholders for information, input, and suggestions on program mechanics and deliverables where able are flexible
- Monitors leaderboards where required, communicating status and escalating issues where required
- Ensures that metrics and program deliverables are met consistently
- Provides reporting on key metrics and achievements
- Develops and delivers training materials where required
Cross-Functional Support (20%)
- Works with the Canadian Sales organization (inclusive of Manila where required) and cross-functional areas to ensure that corporate and individual targets are met
- Defines analyzes, prioritizes and communicates functional requirements of stakeholders
- Identifies opportunities for staff development and training (cross-functional)
Education and Expertise.
- Communication spans project management, program management and cross-functional support responsibilities
- Responsible for keeping stakeholders involved and aware of current and future initiatives
- Conducts meetings with necessary stakeholders to ensure necessary involvement and agreement
- Interacts extensively with internal functional departments including Finance, COE, Marketing, Vendor management, Pricing, and Licensing; as well as external Reseller & Vendor partners
- Escalates any issues impacting critical business processes and applications with the corresponding IT groups. Prioritizes, validates, and actively communicates any lights on issues to affected areas.
- Share information and best practices with other departments (Regionally & Globally) to enhance Ingram Micro’s overall effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s Degree is ideal.
- 1 to 2 years previous experience in a team lead or supervisory role is beneficial
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in program management or project management is ideal
- 4+ years of progressive experience in a sales and/or customer service environment is required. Detailed knowledge of Ingram Micro Sales systems and work tools is ideal.
- IT, Consumer Electronics, or distribution experience is beneficial
- Project Management Methodology - effectively plans and manages the lifecycle of a project from inception to execution inclusive of effective hand-off to business owners
- Analytical Skills – has the ability to produce accurate data and use appropriate techniques or methodologies to analyze data, formulate opinions, provide suggestions and present the information in a manner appropriate for the audience
- Presentation Skills – is able to effectively present varying types of content (i.e. technical, process changes, etc) at the level commensurate to the audience participating; includes adapting the appropriate presentation techniques and anticipation of objections/questions
- Program / Training Development & Delivery Skills – based on program/project requirements and business needs, is able to effectively create, schedule and deliver training (inclusive of presentation deck, training materials, etc)
- Business Planning – is able to contribute to the creation of business plans and integrate into project or programs as required
- Change Management Skills – ensures the appropriate, effective implementation of change initiatives and anticipates issues and risks when implementing change
Due to COVID-19, our office associates are currently working from home. Keeping in mind the overall health and safety of our associates and candidates, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely
Ingram Micro is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer, with a focus on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition Specialist/Job Poster and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. We will try our best to make these accommodations. Please do not include any medical or health information in this email.