Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 64 countries and more than 33,000 associates.
Ingram Micro’s Global Business Intelligence and Analytics provides a unique competitive advantage through our data-driven consultation approach in shaping go-to-market strategies. Our culture of innovation and our meticulous execution helps our partners realize increased revenues and profitability for their business initiatives. Our team is highly specialized in digital marketing, data visualization and data sciences that can yield valuable market insights and craft effective strategies to capitalize on market opportunities at the right time. We are seeking a Project Manager to join our growing global organization.
The Project Manager collaborates with the Consultant and serves as the primary interface between the business intelligence teams. They will be responsible for facilitating, prioritizing and communicating functional and technical requirements of large-scale projects to the teams.
The BI Project Manager independently oversees all aspects of projects including defining appropriate work scope and objectives, development of detailed project plans, establishing and managing deadlines, the assignment of responsibilities, monitoring progress against the plan, and summarizing reports to executive leadership on the status on projects.
The BI Project Manager will work directly with internal and external project stakeholders to ensure all deliverables fall within applicable scope and budget and are compatible with established project goals and objectives.
- Provides expert technical leadership to highly visible, sensitive and multi-faceted projects.
- Develops project plans which identify key issues, problems, approaches, performance metrics.
- Establishes team membership and negotiates time commitments and resource allocation.
- Provides leadership to multi-disciplinary teams.
- Motivates team members and facilitates team meetings.
- Acts as a liaison, problem solver, and facilitator.
- Provides guidance to team on performance and productivity issues.
- Actively participates or may lead in analyzing data and developing recommendations and action plans.
- Accountable for the development of project documentation for senior executives and other key clients to facilitate sharing of project outcomes and best practices.
- Creates formal presentations for the Consultant to present to various senior-level audiences. (May co-present.)
- Establishes procedures regarding the implementation of the project and tracks outcomes.
- Assesses project impact on the workforce.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Operations Research, Business Information Systems or related field. PMP or Six Sigma Certification preferred
5-10 years’ experience with project management experience in a technical environment desired; minimum of 2 years of management of personnel in project or line capacity required.
Proficient communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of internal and client organizations (customers and vendors) to ensure project success, have a demonstrated ability to weigh alternatives, determine strategy, and applied experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams. Must possess thorough knowledge of all related business areas and how they interact. They may have staff responsibilities, limited to the tasks associated with the current project. Other skills required
Limited travel, domestic and international may be required on an ad hoc basis.
Requires exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Possesses knowledge to talk to customers at all levels/all areas of the business to formula business integration plans.
Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visio and Project desired.
Additional knowledge and skill specific to the assigned project is required.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.