Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions.
With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Incumbents in this job family have responsibilities encompassing one or more areas of General Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and/or Billing.
Major Responsibility: Operations Task
- Responsible for processing receivables, ensuring timely and accurate charge entries, and preparing deposits.
- Responsible for maintaining accounts and records in various accounting functions.
- Reviews, verifies, and approves transactions and journal entries.
- Prepares income and balance sheet, profit and loss, consolidated and other accounting statements.
- Provides administrative or technical support at a specialist level.
- Consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues.
- Independently perform a wide range of complex duties under general guidance from supervisors.
- May act as a lead or mentor to more junior technical or administrative support personnel.
- May be responsible for leading daily operations.
Major Responsibilities: Reporting Task
- Collects and analyzes financial data and prepares reports and recommendations.
Major Responsibilities: Administrative Task
- Codes, enters and prepares invoices, and responds to customer and vendor inquiries.
- Reviews invoices and ensures proper approvals.
- Records enters and pays invoices. Also, analyzes account performance, makes recommendations to release orders on past accounts, and investigates bankruptcy claims.
- Maintains records and files and generates related reports.
- Ensures procedures and internal controls are followed in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley initiatives.
Major Responsibilities: Process Improvement
- May train, delegate and review the work of lower-level employees. Problems typically are not routine and require analysis, judgment, and initiative.
- Makes minor adjustments and enhancements to working methods to improve effectiveness of area.
- Makes recommendations for new procedures.
- Two-year college degree or equivalent experience and minimum 3-year experience in the functional area. OR High School Diploma or equivalent and 5 years functional experience, preferably at a senior level.
- Previous working experience in a shared services set-up is an advantage
- Candidate must be willing to work in permanent night shift
- Capability to work from home (with a wired internet connection)
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.