Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
The Internal Audit mission is to enhance and protect organizational value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice and insight on the state of Ingram’s risk and control environment. As a pivotal member of the internal audit team, the Director IT Audit will establish and execute a robust audit strategy aligned with the Internal Audit function’s goals and strategy. Assess technology risk across the company, provide advice to senior leadership, develop audit strategies to provide assurance and improve processes and oversee the IT SOX program. Lead and coordinate annual global IT audit plan risk assessment. Design, develop and manage an effective and efficient global IT risk-based internal control program including scoping, program management, execution and reporting that drives results, accountability and value for the company.
Participates in ongoing assessments of the changing risk profile to determine audit resources. Ensures issues are well defined, root causes identified and communicated effectively to management. Builds and maintains strong relationships with IT leaders across the organization to influence as needed. Develops and implements emerging technologies for better and more predicative risk identification and mitigation. The role requires the ability to identify, prioritize and execute against key initiatives. Collaborates and coordinates activities with external auditors.
- Manages ongoing assessments of the changing risk profile including closely interfacing with senior management to ensure understanding of strategies and controls to ensure it is effective, collaborative and inclusive.
- Risk based approach to identifying, evaluating and addressing critical technology risks and the relevant business and governance process partnering extensively with IT, Finance and the business
- Continuously monitor for changes in the organizational risk profile and/or operational environment and make recommendations to modify the audit schedule, to accommodate management requests for additional audit and advisory work. and to determine audit resourcing.
- Conduct IT audits, which includes, but is not limited to providing support with the planning, fieldwork, and report writing phases of the audit.
- Effectively identify control gaps, analyze underlying root causes, best practices in control design and operational effectiveness and communicate to management ensuring effective action plans have been identified.
- Monitor through regular follow-up, the progress of management action plans resulting from past audits.
- Prepare Audit Committee materials for Internal Audit update in partnership with Internal Audit staff.
- Works with the audit team to ensure consistency and standardization of audit processes and compliance with professional standards
- Assist in the development and advancement of data analytics and other technology initiatives to increase innovation and capability of Internal Audit function
- Support external audit and effectively communicate with the external auditors.
SOX – Global Program Management
- Support the strategic direction and operational requirements for the company’s Internal Control over Financial Reporting (ICFR) program by coordinating with program participants and control owners.
- Manage the end-to-end IT SOX compliance program from scoping to remediation and impact assessment.
- Assists in identifying controls for the internal control framework partnering with relevant stakeholders, establishing a risk and control matrix for all in-scope processes and locations, ensuring control rationalization.
- Establishes standards for testing/sampling methodology, documentation and templates.
- Develop the SOX testing execution plan including resources for testing and review.
- Oversee the coordination efforts between external auditors, internal resources and internal process owners including alignment on SOX planning, walkthroughs/testing, audit requests and deficiency evaluation.
- Prepare management (including SOX Steering Committee) and Audit Committee materials highlighting SOX progress and results, delivering timely and concise management reporting illustrating SOX status, trends and deficiency remediation
- Educates information technology control owners on their compliance requirement responsibilities.
- Maintain a SOX compliance database tool to centralize all SOX related documentation.
- Plan for improved program evolution through continuous improvements, monitoring developments and other potential program and testing improvement to drive cost savings and efficiency.
- Recruit and develop team members needed to meet department objectives and strategy
- Provides education and information on the importance of a strong control environment to broader IT and business community
- Provides advisory services, where appropriate, in support of IT/business initiatives and objectives
- Assist with implementing transformative technologies such as predictive analytics, testing automation, robotic process automation (RPA) and other technology to advance Internal Audit’s capabilities as well as improving business processes and controls.
What you bring to the role:
- 15+ years of experience in an audit function or exhibiting an exceptionally strong background in some other relevant and applicable area of IT. Big 4 experience desirable
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, Finance/Accounting or related field required
- Professional certification preferred - Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Audit or Certified Information Systems Auditor or other relevant professional certification
- Extensive information security and network control audit knowledge
- Experience with data analytics tools
- Strong project and team leadership skills as well as the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to critically think and communicate complex and technical information, as well as present financial research findings to both internal and external parties.
- Proven ability to collaborate, influence and drive for results at all levels of the organization.
- Results oriented with the ability to direct or manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Effective communicator, knowing when and what to communicate with relevant stakeholders to ensure no missed opportunities and/or no surprises.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Experience using COBIT and NIST frameworks
*Position may require travel, including international travel
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.