Sr. Platform Engineer
CloudBlue is a technology solution startup born from the need to digitally transform a multibillion-dollar enterprise. The CloudBlue platform orchestrates ecosystems for customers worldwide, including the largest B2B Cloud Marketplace in the world. We have spent 15+ years innovating and investing in digital transformation, subscriptions, and multi-level partner ecosystems. Today, hundreds of customers rely on CloudBlue to orchestrate their ecosystems and scale their businesses globally.
By joining the CloudBlue team, you’ll be playing a significant role in our growth, having an opportunity to make an immediate impact on the business. Our entrepreneurial scope means we operate with the agility of a high growth start-up, but with the confidence & backing of a Fortune 100 corporation, Ingram Micro.
At CloudBlue you'll work with a diverse and multi-cultural team that spans cultures, continents, and time zones to serve our global customer base. You’ll be a part of a culture that emphasizes trust, open communication, and continuous learning.
The Sr. Platform Engineer will serve as a Subject Matter Expert, responsible for continuously operating, managing, and supporting Cloud Platforms of our customers with the goal of maintaining a highly available, scalable, reliable, and secure platform. In capacity of Sr. Platform engineer your main goals will be performing and automating operational activities such as but not limited to: products deployment and configuration, product catalog maintenance, platform updates delivery, validating implemented changes, platform administration of underlying infrastructure. Sr. Platform engineer will focus on executing operational and maintenance tasks, developing, executing, supporting, and maintaining automation tools. Daily tasks will range from supporting product rollouts, maintaining multiple operational environments, troubleshooting issues, and contributing to improvements of processes, platforms and supporting its components. We are looking for a technical leader and technology innovator who will be able to propose new ideas, work with technology teams to implement ideas and operationalize them once successful.
- Continuously improve operational efficiency by automating manual tasks and processes.
- Actively contribute to internal automation toolset by developing new and improving of existing tools
- Deploy, configure, maintain and manage customers’ Cloud Platforms and its components
- Analyze and understand requirements for customers’ requests and implement accordingly
- Maintain and support developed solutions.
- Collaborate with platform and connectors R&D teams in order report software issues as well as request improvements to satisfy customer experience satisfaction.
- Prepare deployment, configuration, and process documentation.
- Monitoring of systems’ health and performance, improving monitoring process.
- Support customers by investigating and successfully resolving reported issues
- Maintain platform security by following established security and data protection procedures, perform security hardening by applying suggested configuration changes.
- 5+ years of experience as a System Administrator or related position
- Excellent system administration skills
- 3+ years of scripting or development experience
- Understanding of SDLC
- Clear understanding of cloud technologies and offerings from Azure, AWS and GCP
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, and communication skills
- Deliver results doing what it takes to get things done on time
- Work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with strong teamwork abilities
- Demonstrated strong written communication and speaking skills
- Fluent in English written/verbal communication
Must have skills:
- Development experience in Python;
- Good experience in writing script in bash and/or PowerShell
- Good Linux Server Administration skills – CentOS, Redhat;
- WebServers & Databases – Tomcat, Apache, MSSQL, Azure SQL, PostgreSQL;
- Good understanding of application and IP protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, HTTP, SSL, SSH
- Knowledge of standards, protocols, and data formats: JSON, XML, REST, XML-RPC, OAuth, SAML
- Experience working with IaaS/Cloud services of Azure (preferred), AWS and/or GCP;
- Experience working with BitBucket, Git, Jenkins, Terraform, Puppet, Chef and Ansible;
- Knowledge of bug tracking and documentation systems such as Jira and Confluence;
- Experience working with monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Prometheus, Grafana, etc;
- Solid understanding of API concepts and types;
- Experience working with API, manual execution as well as automating by writing scripts;
- Experience writing and optimizing SQL queries.
- Understanding of subscription-based services, subscriptions lifecycle and billing concepts
- Knowledge and understanding of basics of financial terms: orders, AR/AP, credit management;
- Ability to learn and adapt to new services, systems, and technologies in a dynamic technical infrastructure.
- Writing and maintaining technical documentation: technical and process documentation, product requirements documents, feature requests;
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment and provide significant contributions both individually and as part of a greater team.
Nice to have skills:
Experience working with Cloud Blue Commerce (formerly known as Odin Automation)
Python, Azure, LPI, Microsoft, Postgres, MSSQL certifications would be a big plus;