Irvine, CA, United States
Job ID: 43774
Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
The Pricing Scientist will be conducting statistical, machine learning, and predictive analytics to turn data into impactful insights that can be used to make strategic pricing decisions. We are looking for candidates with strong analytical and quantitative skills, and a passion to solve problems.
A successful Pricing Scientist candidate will:
- Translate business questions into research and collaborate with business stakeholders to develop impactfully revenue and profit strategies.
- Design, maintain, and productionize pricing analytics frameworks (such as demand models, constrained pricing optimizations, time series and linear regression models, dynamic pricing, etc.) to provide scalable pricing actions.
- Implement diagnostic tests to ensure the integrity of methodologies and models, and refine model parameters as necessary.
- Be proficient in SQL as well as a programming language like Python or R to work efficiently with large data sets.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to implement analytical concepts and models and track outcomes effectively.
- A four year college degree (or additional experience in a related field) and 3 years functional experience including a minimum 1 year position specific experience.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties. Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.