Cloud Public Relations Manager
Irvine, CA, United States
Job ID: 43643
Ingram Micro Cloud is seeking a skilled, experienced communications professional for a new position to lead the Public Relations function within the Global Communications organization. Reporting directly to the Head of Global Communications, this individual will be responsible for helping to strengthen Ingram Micro Cloud’s leadership position through integrated PR programs and thought leadership campaigns. Must have proven track record of both developing plans/recommendations and executing. He/she should be a self-starter, results oriented, have a strong intellectual curiosity, be comfortable working within a matrixed organization and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, environment. A mix of agency and in-house experience is preferred. The position will support the company’s 4 key commercial lines:
- Channel Business, which drives exceptional growth for our reseller partners across IaaS, cybersecurity, SaaS and collaboration/communication
- CloudBlue Organization, the technological engine for scaling B2B cloud ecosystems
- Portfolio Management Organization, which facilitates go-to-market strategies and initiatives for key technology providers, such as AWS, Microsoft and Google
- CloudBlue PSA, which manages any type of service by unifying sales, operations and finance functions.
*Note: This is not a complete list of tasks
- Develop subject matter expertise in technology distribution and issues that impact our business and the competitive landscape.
- Create and execute communications programs that amplify Ingram Micro Cloud’s product and service messages.
- Proactively identify and develop content that aligns with the strategic priorities of the business.
- Have a passion for developing and executing media relations programs—building and maintaining reporter relationships, identifying story ideas, pitching stories and securing coverage.
- Provide communications support and counsel to global colleagues.
- Conceptualize, write and deliver long-form content such as press releases, contributed articles and op-eds.
- Work cross functionally with various teams.
- Cultivate relationships with tech reporters.
- BA/BS in Communications, Journalism, or Public Relations preferred
- 4-8 years of communications experience (in house or agency) including technology/product and thought leadership programs
- Experience in enterprise software, cloud technology
- Excellent writing, editing, and project management skills
- Ability to thrive under pressure
- Previous experience managing external agencies
- Familiarity with Project Management tool
- Proficiency with social media platforms
- The position is based in Irvine, CA with the possibility of a hybrid remote schedule
About Ingram Micro Cloud
Ingram Micro Cloud (IMC) is a hyper-growth, multibillion dollar business within Ingram Micro, one of the world’s largest technology distributors. It is comprised of independent yet interconnected business lines– Portfolio Management, Channel Business, CloudBlue and CloudBlue PSA—and underpinned by powerful technology that support the demands of cloud computing and serve as connective link between the ecosystems of our technology provider, reseller and managed service provider (MSP) partners.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.