Senior Operations Manager
Manukau, Auckland, AUK, New Zealand
Job ID: 43897
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With US$46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
We are currently seeking a highly competent and passionate Senior Operations Manager to join our highly successful Operations team. Largely supporting a team of Operations Managers, this role will also indirectly support a team of up to 80 permanent and 35 temporary warehouse associates within the Ingram Micro Warehouse Operations. Based in Manukau, this role would be 2IC for the General Manager, Operations.
The role will work closely with our internal and external stakeholders and suppliers to identify opportunities to reduce cost and improve performance across our warehouse and transport operations. The role will also be responsible for ongoing performance of the team, ensuring that service levels are maintained, that relevant safety processes and procedures are in place and that Operational productivity opportunities are identified.
About the Role:
- Review and optimise the distribution and 3rd party logistics operations, including technical services to ensure business profitability
- Ensure the effectiveness of operating procedures, space utilization, and maintenance and protection of facilities and equipment
- Work closely with various parts of the business around the planning and implementation of key supplier projects such as Product Launches, new customer/vendor onboarding and seasonal spikes in volumes
- Implement continuous improvement opportunities and ensure that associate productivity levels are achieved
- Enable the functional areas to meeting relevant OPEX, Freight targets and budgets
- Minimum 5 years functional experience with at least 4 years in a leadership role in Warehouse and Transport Operations
- Prior experience in managing professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments
- Friendly, professional and can maintain positive working relationships with a high level of confidentiality
- Keen sense of customer needs and can anticipate requirements
- Experience in people management, within a unionised environment
- Strong leadership skills, with sense of urgency and decisiveness
- Expertise in warehouse and transport management procedures and best practices
- Proven ability to implement Continuous Improvement initiatives
- High degree of organisation, a drive to action and a commitment to continuous learning
What’s in for you:
At Ingram Micro, we treat each other with dignity & respect, providing an environment where you are always encouraged to be yourself. We are a collaborative team who like to challenge the status quo and constantly look for better ways to serve our colleagues & customers. Some of the benefits include:
- A fun, vibrant, and professional team with an exceptional market reputation
- Opportunity to work with leading technology that is shaping the future within the IT industry
- Genuine Career Progression Opportunities
- Staff Purchase Policy & Comprehensive Benefits Scheme
- Group Life Insurance Cover for all permanent employees of IM NZ
- Paid Birthday Leave
If this role sounds like your next move, we want to talk to you!Come and join our IMNZ team today!
Ingram Micro is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.