Sr Business Process Analyst
This job posting is no longer active.
Plainfield, IN, United States
Job ID: 43778
Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue
and the ability to reach 90% of the global population
, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates department’s business requirements and issues with respect to processes, organizational policies and systems.
- Defines solutions and improvements to processes and business systems consistent with overall business strategies.
- Defines and communicates user needs, program functions, and steps required to enhance processes or business solutions.
- Expected to assist in writing design documentation for development or participate in testing of end solutions and processes.
- Ability to multi-task and assume multiple responsibilities.
- Provide leadership on initiatives within and impacting the department to achieve stated objectives.
- Utilizes a degree of latitude and creativity for addressing issues.
Major Essential Functions:
- Business Enhancements
- Leads the definition of solutions to business problems with business and IT groups.
- Lead the analysis and research of enhancements and new solutions.
- Analyze business/application issues and define requirements for solutions.
- Consults with users to identify current operating procedures and to confirm future opportunities.
- Design and test enhancements to systems and processes to meet business needs.
- IT Systems Administration
- Drive the completion of new customer setups, including pricing and contract information.
- Review and confirm setup of unique customer product information across the business.
- Define processing characteristics, such as hold requirements, credit limits, etc.
- Design and build reports required to support the department’s business operations and customer needs.
- Business/IT Liaison
- Work with business users during definition, design and implementation initiatives.
- Work and communicate with business and IT personnel in implementation and support activities.
- Provides a first line of question response for business/IT related issues.
- Document business requirements and analysis/research.
- Assist in development and maintenance of key documentation (process, system, operations).
- Train personnel in process and system changes impacting the department.
- Provide ongoing updates on status of future change initiatives.
Minor Essential Function
- Support the adherence to compliance requirements.
- Ensure that corporate policies and procedures are being followed and executed properly
- Follow change management process for system changes.
- Provide status reporting to department management and others as required.
- Complete time entry as required by organization.
- Bachelors degree or 4 years external related experience OR 2 years of Ingram Micro related experience.
- Minimum of three years working in an analyst position.
- Strong knowledge of microcomputer software and hardware products.
- Knowledge of the marketplace.
- Customer Service background preferred
- Ability to take managements direction and needs from concept to reality.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and other Ingram Micro departments and management.
- Keen knowledge of business processes and project management. Experience in cost-cutting methods.
- Ability to develop and maintain executive level relationships within assigned account/accounts.
- Computer savvy. Strong skills in Excel and Access a must.
- Strong skills in Excel and Access.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.