Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
>>> This is a Full-Time, Direct Hire, Hourly position - includes opportunity for Overtime + BONUS + PTO/Sick Days & our Benefits that start Day 1! <<<
Perform the following duties
- Integrate hardware and configure software settings on various Servers, Blades, Enclosures, Racks, Routers, Switches, Access Points, Firewalls, Catalyst, Storage Appliances, Datacenters, Nuc, Whitebox, PCs, Laptops, Printers, and other technologies.
- Install Windows, Linux, and MAC operating systems on various platforms.
- Install software applications and licenses not limited to SQL, Symantec, Parallels, Microsoft, Advanced iLO, RAID, PAK Keys, FOD Keys, etc.
- Research, download and apply driver packages and firmware updates per customer requirements and or to resolve conflicts
- Perform Cable Management on Racks and Carts using Cut Sheets when applicable
- Build turn-key rack-n-stack solutions using rack elevation diagrams.
- Configure and manage virtual machines, converged and hyper-converged solutions
- Share best practices and cross train with other associates
- Perform QA and Out of box audit functions
- Serial Number Formatting
- Prepare and stage materials for orders as needed
- Maintain and exceed productivity and quality goals for the department.
- Ensure specified processes, procedures and reporting methods for each build is followed per build instructions.
- Troubleshoot HW and SW compatibility issues, multitask and work under minimum supervision.
- Work with other internal departments (Quality, Engineering, etc.) to help streamline procedures and identify process improvements for efficiency. Always adhere to standards & documented procedures.
- High school graduate or equivalent work experience. Post-secondary education in a technical or computer-related discipline is preferred.
- Server and/or network + certification preferred.
- Other certifications in major vendor products and services are a plus
- 2+ years Server/Networking/PC system configuration of both hardware and software in a UNIX or Windows/DOS environment.
- General knowledge of name brand hardware installation processes. General knowledge of popular operating systems and software applications.
- Server+, Network+, Security+, MCP, Veeam, VMware or equivalent *Certifications are a PLUS
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Values based behavior
- Detail oriented
- Excellent organizational time management and problem-solving skills
- Promote safety by identifying and promoting potential safety risks and providing recognition.
- Should a Health and Safety concern be present, inform management and/or Health and Safety representative immediately.
- Able to concentrate
- Able to lift and move product weighing up to fifty (50) pounds on a regular and consistent basis
- Able to work flexible hours and weekends (stay late when necessary)
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Work in Distribution Center environment
- Participate in regular housekeeping initiatives and daily cleaning maintenance.
- Maintain 5S work environment
- *This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
>>> Ingram Micro associates are offered a variety of benefits ranging from:
*Business Casual Dress
*A Company Culture rich in our Vision and Values
*Open Door Policy
*Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, 401K
*Company Observed Holidays
*Discount Programs that include wellness, technology, retail, and more!
** Must be a US Citizen or legal to work in the US without sponsorship now, or ever in the future **
***H1B Sponsorship is not available currently for this position***
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.