Advisor, Human Resources
This job posting is no longer active.
Irvine, CA, United States
Job ID: 44376
Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
The Sr Global Mobility and US Immigration Lead will have the opportunity to leverage their global relocation and immigration expertise to shape our program in one of our most important and highly visible areas of Human Resources – global talent mobility. By providing our internal as well as in-coming future associates the most positive experience with their re-location and in some cases, Immigration processes, we will ensure they’re set up to achieve their very best work with the Company.
Growth potential in this role is self-driven. As you develop in the role, you will have the opportunity not only to shape the US Program but also to expand Globally into a subject matter expert for HR and leaders around the world.
The Sr Global Mobility and US Immigration Lead will be primarily responsible for providing consultation and lifecycle management of mobility processes as required to ensure the most positive associate experience and achievement of key talent strategies.
There will be exposure to cross-border commuters, short- and long-term transfers, domestic and international relocation, international expatriate-third country national assignments, immigration and special global mobility projects to support the growing/changing needs of the business.
This person will manage our current mobility process and performance, help to analyze market trends, make changes to offerings and third-party providers, manage exceptions and maintain compliance with all legal requirements through developing and maintaining strong partnerships throughout the global HR team, Legal, and leaders throughout the organization
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as the main point of contact for candidates and employees who will be relocating into or out of the US for business purposes, as well for as their managers and HR representatives. Coordinate the initiation of relocation, immigration and employee tax pre-move counselling sessions and anticipate and communicate the next flow of actions required to all stakeholders
- Primary point of contact for immigration and relocation service providers as well as employees’ immigration or relocated-related questions
- Initiating cost projection calculations with Ingram Micro vendor of choice as applicable
- Manage and coordinate inbound US immigration processes for visa, permanent resident and citizenship applications
- Serve as the main point of contact for related vendors including counsel and relocation service vendors. In partnership with the global compensation team, coordinate with tax consultants: eligibility for services; approval of tax service exceptions and employee’s timely completion of data for tax consultants.
- Working closely with payroll and relocation management company to report imputed income on the employee's W-2, as well as to report multi-sourced income and taxes paid on W-2 or non-US equivalent
- Stays current and ensures Ingram Micro remains compliant with laws, regulations and procedures governing domestic state-to-state and international mobility, and immigration and tax.
- Coordinates inputs and prepares all global relocation agreements.
- Coordinates collection of funds from active and ex-employees for payment to/from Company due to results on TEQ (tax equalization statements).
- Coordinates claw backs as required
- A minimum of 5-7 years of global mobility immigration experience or managing international assignments
- A bachelor’s degree or 8 years of strategic immigration program management
- Interest in maintaining a culture that puts the associate experience first, yet balancing the needs of the Company.
- Strong, demonstrated knowledge of immigrant visa process including H-1B, F-1, TN, J, L-1, O-1 and E-3
- Demonstrated success selecting and managing third party relocation, tax and immigration providers.
- Highly organized with an ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
- Able to work efficiently with a sense of urgency and possess strong consultative and project management skills, with a variety of position levels up to and including the most senior executives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law