Job ID: 44230
Analyze the macro market and internal business factors to strategically price products to maximize revenue and/or profit. This role would be responsible for business planning and attainment which will require working cross-functionally between Sales, Finance and Product Owners. Utilizes reports of findings and creates appropriate materials to communicate the findings. He or she will maintain a broad understanding of Ingram Micro’s business model along with becoming educated on particular vendors, customers, and internal division’s business models and needs.
As a Pricing Consultant II, the focus will be to define pricing issues and identify how pricing facts, data and decisions link to overall business strategy issues. Leverage B2B pricing experience to lead clients through sales improvements through Pricing. Act as a thought leader, providing practical recommendations and contributing to team discussions on implications of analysis; identifying implementation challenges. Predict emerging customer needs and develop innovative solutions to meet them. Champion and support new projects communicating its value and engage others to participate. Candidate is expected to handle large data sets, consolidating and transforming data for analysis.
A Analysis and Reporting: % of Time is 30%. Pull data from multiple sources. Understand client’s data objectives and translate business need into the appropriate technical data model. Run data models and review data output to ensure the model is accurate along with translating the trends and output of the data model. Be familiar with and use consistently at least two of the following modeling techniques:
- Linear/logistic regression, Clustering, Decision and model Trees
- ANOVA Model
- Price optimization, price elasticity/demand modeling
B Communication: % of Time is 50%. Effectively listen, communicate, recommend, and present data analytic solutions to internal and external clients. This includes over the phone and in person presentations with PowerPoint and other media sources.
C Program Organization and Execution: % of Time is 20%. Work closely with the project manager to communicate project eta, status, modeling outputs, and client communication needs.
III. JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Formal education or training required such as degrees, courses of study, certification: Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in a quantitative field such as: Statistics, Operations Research, Econometrics or Applied Mathematics
- MS degree with at least 3 years experience of consulting experience in pricing or pricing consulting
- Understand client’s objectives and translate business need into the pricing strategies. Knowledge of basic statistics such as standard deviation, mean. Awareness of Machine learning and data mining and the ability to speak to its uses
- Experience in analyzing large data sets, identifying trends and patterns preferred.
- Synthesize findings, develop recommendations and communicate results to clients and internal teams
- Experience with cleaning, aggregating, and pre-processing data from varied sources.
- Intermediate experience using SQL queries for standard as well as ad hoc data mining purposes. With specializations in at least one of the following; database design, architecture and/or data integration.
- Ability to communicate a clear and persuasive argument to high level Executives around Pricing Strategy and Operations
- Ability to independently lead and own projects on cross functional teams.
- Subject matter expertise in at least 2 of the following: price optimization, price elasticity and customer segmentation.
- OTHER SKILLS AND COMPETENCES:
- Implement own recommendations and see projects through to completion.
- Analyze current methods and procedures, recommend and implement improvements.
- Mathematical ability sufficient to add, subtract, multiple, divide, figure averages.
- Ability to communicate effectively by telephone and in group meetings and discussions. Ability to give and receive information accurately.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures accurately; to organize facts and figures; apply basic arithmetic.
- Participate in meetings to give and receive information several times a month.
- Conduct meetings or presentations to explain, negotiate or persuade.