Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
Do you like managing and working with different applications systems and business functions? Do you have what it takes to partner, drive both solutions and teams to a common goal? Do you have that can-do motivated attitude? Become a part of a growing, exciting, challenging Global Data Management and Corporate Enterprise Applications Team. This opportunity as an IT Professional Project Manager will have you working with the global business processes in executing application solutions, workflows, and data. You will shape, execute, and deliver highly innovative/novel solutions to create new Strategic differentiation and competitive advantage. Your strong Project Management expertise and technical knowledge will help deliver Ingram Micro’s Corporate Enterprise Application Initiatives: architecture, integration, metrics, and improving business processes. You will play a significant role in planning and implementing solutions that are global, integrated, scalable, and flexible and follows industry best practices to improve in house capabilities.
The Professional IT Project Manager will be the primary interface between various business units (or business partners) and the GIT teams. They will be responsible for facilitating, prioritizing and communicating functional and technical requirements of Medium to large-scale projects to the GIT teams. This position must have a thorough understanding of the technology and multi-practice disciplines associated with customer development projects, a working comprehension of the technical components of a global IT environment, knowledge of tools, and vendors in the marketplace that provide key functionality to similar environments.
The Professional IT Project Manager is required to coordinate the necessary activities in all areas of:
GIT, as applicable for the successful completion of the assigned project. Management skills include proficient communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of internal and client organizations (customers and vendors) to ensure project success, have a demonstrated ability to weigh alternatives, determine strategy, and experience in leading teams. Must possess thorough knowledge of all related business areas and how they interact. They may have staff responsibilities, limited to the tasks associated with the current project.
Leading and Managing People
- Assemble and lead Project team for assigned projects. Excellent communication, people, and leadership skills.
- Awareness of individual strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops and maintains a productive working relationship with project sponsors, customers, and key systems users. Requires extensive experience in matrix and consensus management.
- Leads users/customers in prioritizing new development projects, enhancement projects for existing systems and system maintenance requests.
- Works with the IT functional groups to estimate staff resource needs for analysts, programmers, user personnel, consultants, and equipment.
- Coordinates work assignments and schedules to ensure projects stay on track and within budget.
- Uses acquired knowledge across all business areas to provide requirements to applications support in a manner that conveys detail and understanding of our systems and business needs.
- Actively leads and motivates fellow associates in an effort to increase productivity and convey system/business knowledge.
- Manages various support teams as required from project to project and clearly identifying all team member roles and objectives.
- Upon project completion, provides team member performance feedback as needed.
- Coordinates resources across all IT disciplines: Applications Development, operations, network, ECommerce, telecom, etc.
Project Administration and Execution
- Initiation, Planning, Design, Execution, Monitoring, Controlling of Project
- Organizes business and operational data from several sources into technical options, user specifications, cost estimates and timelines. Provide results to business owner in a way that a cost benefit analysis can be performed.
- Organizes data analysis results, recommendations and business designs into a clear concise format for communication to all levels of management associated with or interested in the project. Evaluates project impact to the business and systems.
- Obtains agreement on the business needs, as well as functional and technical requirements across all business functions.
- Develops detailed project plans, obtains and confirms commitments, and tracks completion of tasks against the plans. Projects involve (but not specific to) large organizational wide efforts.
- Ensures that all project phases and necessary resources are properly planned and scheduled. Organizes all aspects of the chosen project into a complete concise project plan that includes a) Statement of work; b) Scope documentation; c) roles and responsibilities; d) critical success factors; e) project milestones and dates.
- Reviews and scrutinizes partner relationship contracts to ensure accuracy of company commitments.
- Projects management skills at a level to handle 3+ customer accounts or major projects simultaneously.
- Creates, manages and is accountable for budget and monitoring expenditures.
- Expertise in, can instruct others in, and can execute the Systems Development Methodology (SDM) for all size projects.
- Required to work with external business partners. This can include researching and identifying potential partners, initiating contact, and coordinating activities for project implementation.
Strategy and Subject Matter Expertise
- Assesses alternative systems approaches for workability and economic feasibility.
- Works with various functional groups within the Information Technology to understand current processes, new processes in development, and methodologies to work towards implementing efficiencies (where feasible) across all customer customizations and requirements.
- Understands, analyzes, documents, and provides recommendations for project cost/benefit and potential fees charged to the customer.
- Well versed in developing systems applications across business areas.
- Develops recommendations, process design changes, functional system specifications and business analysis.
- Leads in the design of innovative solutions to projects and problems. This will include -
- a) maintain focus on the business opportunity (big picture) not just the scope at hand; b) analyze current performance; c) perform root-cause and/or gap analysis; d) suggest creative alternatives; d) implement best alternative and follow through to financial results.
- Manages the communication flow to be responsive to the business and so that IT can anticipate and schedule work proactively.
- Expertise in the IT Systems Development Methodology (SDM). Teach, promote, and serve as a consultant of SDM.
- Actively focus on learning new systems and technologies.
What you bring to the role:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Information Systems or related discipline is required. A graduate degree is preferred OR 2 + years of related Ingram Micro experience.
- PMP Certified, LEAN, Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification, Scrum Master Certification and ITIL Global Process experience preferred.
- Experience: 3+ years functional experience including systems analysis, design, or development of software applications required; minimum of 2 years of management of personnel in project or line capacity required.
- Experience in financial control, process design and re-engineering, project management, and capital-intensive project evaluation such as EVA, IRR or ROIC. Project demands require long hours (overtime) for periods of time.
- Ability to understand business processes and adapt their project management approach accordingly
- Some travel, domestic and international will be required.
- Requires exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses knowledge to talk to customers at all levels/all areas of the business to formula business integration plans.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visio and Project, and Planview desired.
- Additional knowledge and skill specific to the assigned project is required
- Discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of business communication
* Position may require travel, including international travel.
Please be prepared to provide three current work references and pass a criminal background check and drug test.
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.