Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
This position reports to the Executive Director, U.S. Controller and responsible for all aspects of strategic and operational accounting and oversight of the monthly close, reporting, and compliance. In addition, the Director will have frequent interaction with finance and accounting staff of acquired entities to help ensure reporting and compliance requirements are adhered to.
As the Director, Assistant Controller, you will manage, together with local Finance teams, balance sheet reviews, internal audits, the external audit (and quarterly reviews), including SOX control work, quarterly reporting packages, adherence with corporate accounting policies, compliance with financial reporting deadlines, and overall US GAAP adherence. Must be able to work well in a matrix organization.
Leadership & Team Management
- Model high standards of management performance, influence individuals and teams positively and make informed decisions.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance and the efficiency of staff and procedures, including ongoing assessment of accounting skills in local organizations.
- Establishes performance goals, develops measurable performance standards, and establishes necessary checkpoints to monitor progress across Finance organization.
- Fully understands and supports Ingram Micro’s policies and procedures.
- Monitor the effective operation of all key processes and controls.
- Ensure accounting policies and procedures are followed, and ensure records are maintained in accordance with accounting principles.
- Ensure the development and preparation of financial and accounting information for management with US GAAP requirements and the needs of management.
- Interpret US GAAP accounting standards, issue white papers and develop policies to be implemented in the countries.
- Responsible for coordinating the year-end financial statement audit, as well as quarterly reviews: including establishing a calendar, developing instructions, standard templates, setting expectations and targets, supervising dissemination and gathering of inputs, supervising preparation of analysis and consolidations, identifying issues for further analysis and/or refinement, reviewing consolidation and analysis of Plan, ad hoc analysis & preparation/review of memorandums and findings to senior management.
- Maintain and monitor effective internal controls.
- Adherence to Ingram Micro’s Code of Conduct and legal and ethical standards.
Merger & Acquisitions (M&A) including integration
- Finance Organization: establish reporting lines, design future finance organization in the region, training of the staff on new tools, processes, policies.
- Controls and Compliance: implement effective disclosure and controls procedures, ensure regulatory compliance as well as IM policy and procedures.
- Financial Statement Consolidation: interim consolidation process to capture the financial activity of the new entities, implement accounting policies, ensure proper disclosure in financial statements, implement financial close process.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, accounting or related area, along with CPA/CMA designation required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of related work experience with 3+ years of experience managing a team of direct reports.
- Experience from public accounting and large multi-national public companies preferred
- Ability to navigate complex transactions and an ever-changing environment with little direction.
- A self-starter who pushes for change and is not afraid to raise issues.
- Strong Team Leadership / People management / General Management experience
- In-depth financial accounting and commercial finance knowledge
- Expert in US GAAP, Internal Controls, External Audit Support, Sox 404 Compliance and Adhoc Projects
- Good communication and presentation skills. Able to simplify complex arguments in both verbal and written communication.
- Able to gain respect from and to influence senior management at all levels.
- Excellent planning skills
- Strong intellectual horsepower and able to multi-task.
- Sound process control knowledge
- Well-developed analytical skills: proven ability to set up and critically evaluate reporting and relevant KPI’s.
- Strategic thinker
- Strong innovation skills to review and challenge processes to ensure maximum value added with minimum bureaucracy.
- Ability to cope with deadlines
- Strong team player
- Ability to work and/ or share resources in a matrix organization
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to establish excellent working relations with individuals from various background.
- Strong management and leadership presence.
- Effective coaching and development of team.
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Excellent negotiation abilities
- Strong influencing skills
- Process Improvement leadership
- Strong collaboration skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work through challenges and under pressure.
- Excellent time management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Able to use various resources to ensure efficiency and budgetary control.
- Strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to relate well with all levels of associates.
- Proficiency with key systems and tools used by the team.
* Position may require occasional travel
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.