Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
The Sr. Global Field Sales Manager will lead a team supporting some of our largest accounts at Ingram Micro. The ideal candidate will have prior management experience, worked in a similar sales environment, with inside and field sales experience. Experience working with high sales targets/goals preferred.
Global Sales Team Management:
- Provide day to day support and leadership to our Global Account Management team
- Manage day-to-day activities of sales team to meet and exceed all established goals as well as execute on vendor expectations
- Conduct performance reviews, address performance issues in a timely manner, and develop team to grow in the organization
- Partner with Finance, Compensation, Team Leadership to set the quotas for the team
- Enable and support the team to promote and sell a portfolio of technical and/or nontechnical products and/or services and solutions directly to current and new end customers
- Set and manage development progress and critical business objectives
- Ensure GAM team is proactively aligned and engaged with country peers
Partner Planning and Review Management:
- Align consistent templates, practices for partner planning
- Establish effective and consistent collaborate review cycle for each partner
- Ensure ONE Ingram objectives are prioritize and represented in each plan
- Manage forward progress, accountability, quality of intended plan outcomes
- Ensure that our customers are aware of new product/service introductions and prices; create, monitor and revise lead generation plans to ensure a substantive sales opportunity pipeline
- Build relationships with key leaders within our top customers
Global Sales Pipeline Management:
- Own the overall global pipeline, progress, visibility and communication
- Own and manage the strategic RFP pipeline success
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field or combination of education and field sales manager experience required
- 8+ years of field sales leadership experience in distribution, technology, product, or services industry with 5 years managing a team through subordinate managers
- Prior Experience setting quotas for teams as well as a proven track record of meeting/exceeding sales goals
- Global experience preferred in sales/business development/vendor management and distribution
- Successful background implementing strategies that result in positive impact
- Understanding of customer strategic and tactical direction
- Expertise in face-to-face presentations including ability to communicate and sell ideas with strong negotiation skills to address large audiences, both internal and external to vendors and customers.
- Open-mindedness and cultural capacity
- Dealing with multiple stakeholders, internally and externally
- Working in matrix environment within GPE role, ie overlay business development function in single capacity, but at high strategic and executive exposure
- Advanced technology acumen and pre/post sales capabilities
- Proficiency with MS Office 365 - Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills- verbal and written
- Driven to get results and achieve goals
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team Player
*Position may require occasional travel, including international travel.
Please be prepared to provide three current work references and pass a criminal background check and drug test.
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.