DescriptionIngram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 64 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
SCOPE & PURPOSE:
· Working within the Commerce and Lifecycle Services business unit, you will be required to deliver all aspects of on-site IT support, ensuring the continuation of all IT services and enabling all business activities to function uninterrupted.
· As the local site infrastructure lead, you will deliver a full range of break/fix support on site, across all aspects of hardware and software used by the company, supported by the UK IT Team and specialist teams in other IM sites.
· Working within system based work-flow management/ticketing systems, you’ll provide infrastructure support, carry out interventions on the shop floor in real-time, maintain and fix issues as they occur, and be the on-site expert regarding infrastructure and other IT systems needed to operate all business services.
· Integration within the Business, priority alignment and clear communication is essential along with responsiveness, rapid secure resolution of issues and establishing a visible IT support presence.
· A hands on, common sense approach and strong technical capability delivering decisive results, is key to the role.
· All business processes operate on a time-bound basis each day, and to tight customer deadlines, so pace, focus and a “can do” attitude is key to success in the role.
· Although the core working hours are 8.30 to 5.30, the role requires that the candidate is contactable outside of these hours as site operations and customers use our systems 24 hours in some case. Occasional interventions and attendance on site to resolve issues, as/when they occur, and outside of these core hours is also a requirement.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES (IN SUPPORT OF THE COMPETENCY FRAMEWORK AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENT):
· Local site infrastructure lead delivering all aspects of on-site IT support
· Ensuring the continuation and security of all IT services
· Enable all business activities to function uninterrupted
· Establish a Visible IT support presence, integrate within the Business, align priorities and communicate clearly
· Liaison with UK IT Team and specialist teams in other IM sites
· Hands on, common sense approach, strong technical capability, delivering decisive results with responsiveness, rapid resolution and a “can do” attitude.
· Maintenance, backup and recovery of all IT services.
CONDUCT & BEHAVIOUR
· Where appropriate to do so, take pro-active and decisive corrective action within and outside of perceived scope of influence
· Behaves courageously in upholding core Ingram Leadership behaviours – Courage, Accountability, Entrepreneurship, and Innovation.
· Takes and accepts accountability for results
PRINCIPAL TASKS OF JOB / CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:
· To take direct responsibility for all aspects of the day to day IT support of the local site, providing break/fix of hardware as required to maintain operations.
· To integrate within the business, to establish a visible presence and become the “Go To” on-site expert for IT Support.
· To be aligned with the business priorities, to communicate clearly and to be as responsive as required to provide rapid resolution of issues.
· To establish a constructive, impactful and collaborative relationship with colleagues, customers and specialist teams in other IM sites to attain successful, visible support function.
· To understand all IT components required for business operation and the functions they support, to have a “can do” attitude and to carry out real-time interventions inside the operational areas.
· To operate the IT ticketing system, promote its use, ensure support tickets are raised, understand how resolution is measured, the agreed KPI’s and deliver resolution to those KPI’s.
· A hands on common sense approach and strong technical capability to perform the following functions:
o Client, Server, Network, Telephone and Peripherals within agreed KPI’s
o Critical Applications/Drivers/Tools/Approved Applications
o Effect Disaster Recovery Plans (Site/Service)
o Spares management (Switches, Wi-Fi Access Points, PC’s, Monitors, Printers, RF Guns, Barcode Readers, Telephones)
o Client Imaging (WDS)
o Engagement with follow up of other support teams/3rd Parties as appropriate/required
o Provide IT solutions to support operational requirements (sometimes Ad-Hoc)
o Patching Network ports (Switch/VLAN configuration knowledge)
o Installing Servers, PC’s, Printers, RF Guns, Barcode Readers, Switches, Access Points
o Installing Critical Applications/Drivers/Tools/Approved Applications
o Work-flow management/ticketing system/Documentation
o Tidy & Clearly Labelled IT infrastructure Inc. Storage areas
o Security Access Review
o Critical Applications/Drivers/Tools/Approved Applications
o Build Images (WDS)
o Event Logs
o Capacity: Performance, Disk space.
o Asset Management
o AD, Antivirus
o Share work status with the assigned project manager
· To provide support outside the core office hours as required to continue business operation in alignment with the bustiness priorities.
· To travel to other Ingram Micro sites, customers or other locations (possibly outside UK) as required.
· To provide cover and help support other CLS UK sites as required
· Help identification of real issues behind incidents raised by internal and external customers.
· To manage own development and those of your team members adopting a culture of continuous improvement.
· Acts with customer in mind
· Seeks and uses feedback to improve service
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.