Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
*This position is in the Irvine, California Corporate Headquarters
We are seeking an IT Associate in SAP FICA to join our talented team and play an integral role in supporting a state-of-the-art billing system for Ingram using SAP FICA on S4 1909. The candidate should have deep knowledge OR recent college graduate with strong desire to learn and grow in Information Technology with SAP CI, FICA and technical/process of Convergent Charging, SOM in BRIM Billing. This resource should have knowledge of ERP, specifically SAP Finance process, including all scenarios that are involved in creation of FICA documents.
The ideal candidate will be a college graduate with a strong academic record from an accredited college/university program, along with practical work experience in a technology driven organization with an understanding of project lifecycle, requirements gathering and system analysis with the ability to assist with discussions and meetings. The ideal candidate will have prior experience or education with SAP FICO or FICA. Candidates must have a strong verbal and written command of the English language with the ability to clearly communicate with senior management and executives. This is an opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging organization which is highly focused on results.
- Participate in project design sessions with stakeholders to define requirements.
- Utilize knowledge of SAP CI FICA to design solutions which meet business objectives and goals.
- Participate in the development of solution design documents, functional design documents, configurational rational, test plans and test scrips.
- Translate business requirements into system Configuration which meet business requirements.
- Integration of CI/FICA to SAP FICO, Account Determination, and Revenue Recognition.
- Integrating third party tools such as Open Text, Vertex (or other tax software).
- Review and understand all existing processes as configured in the SAP CI FICA.
- Partner with business owners to identify opportunities for improvement and offer up appropriate solution designs to meet business objectives.
- Support all aspects of the project lifecycle from requirements, design, integration testing and deployment.
- Define test scenarios, test scripts and execute testing. Define conversion objects, data mapping and validation exercises, and data conversion activities.
- Adhere to project priorities and deadlines and proactively communicate risks and/or issues that may impact project objectives, budgets or timelines.
- Follow PMO guidelines for project delivery and methodology and assist in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities (processes, people) to improve project delivery and/or development methodologies.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, or related technical discipline with a strong academic record and cumulative overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Recent graduate from an accredited college/university program is required with practical work experience through IT internships.
- 0-3 years of technical experience in SAP Finance - FICA preferred.
- Keen interest in technology trends and learning new areas of knowledge in technology, specifically ERP modernization/transformation, S/4 HANA, and BRIM.
- Motivated in advancing your career in technology and business.
- Experience with SAP S4 1909 desired
- Experience in the SAP CI/ FICA with full life cycle implementation with industry experience in subscription-based services is preferred.
- Experience with subscription billing processes for services desired.
- Understanding of FICA integration with SD, FICO, HR, Tax Systems (Vertex).
- Experience in creating test plans, test scripts, running test execution cycles, documenting test results for all areas within SAP Finance.
- Strong accounting background with good understanding of accounting principles US Gaap, IFRS, tax and statutory reporting requirements.
- Proven ability to quickly learn Business Processes and combine knowledge from multiple disciplines (e.g. SAP capability, industry best practice) in order to produce an optimal business solution.
- Ability to work independently, effectively coordinating multiple priorities in a dynamic and changing global environment as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Adept at understanding customer challenges, navigating from problem to resolution and communicating process and resolution effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to interact comfortably with all levels of management and staff.
- Have excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
*This role is a great entry level opportunity to be developed in your IT career, working with some of the best and brightest minds in the SAP industry, on one of the largest global implementations to 30+ countries.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.