Inventory Control Team Lead (2nd Shift)
Plainfield, IN, United States
Job ID: 44830
Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
>>> This is a full-time, direct hire, hourly position - includes opportunity for overtime + bonus + PTO/Sick Days + benefits that start Day 1! <<<
This is located at our Airwest 12 facility in Plainfield
Provides direct leadership of all assigned personnel to ensure inventory is accurate. Responsible for coordinating Cycle counts, responding to customer and operation inventory concerns, submitting and performing adjustments on all transactions not on a PO or outbound order. Must have working knowledge of all areas within the distribution center.
Major Essential Functions:
- Responsible for ensuring cycle counts requirements are meet.
- Monitoring email to respond to specific inventory changes, needs or concerns.
- Accountable for both Regular and Temporary labor and coordinates activities that ensure ISO policies are followed.
- Maintains the integrity of all Quality and inventory goals/metrics that provide world class services to our customers.
- Will be required to be proficient in Warehouse Management Systems and review reports auto generated from the system.
- Communicates with Operations Supervisor and Managers areas of concern.
- Ownership of safety and housekeeping in assigned areas and ensures we meet or exceed all OSHA guidelines.
- Provides daily cross-training of associates (regular and temporary) to establish pool of talent to work in any distribution center area.
- Provides leadership and guidance to all staff for continual improvement of key functions and activities to improve efficiency and meet increasing customer and business demands.
- Maintains a professional, helpful attitude in dealings with co-workers, supervisors and their departmental personnel at all times.
- Demonstrates Ingram Micro’s values: Accomplishment, Integrity, Quality, Learning, Respect, and Community involvement.
- Responsible for additional tasks as assigned to meet or exceed the expectations of customers and/or Ingram Micro management based on our fluid business needs.
- Will be integral part of planning, prepping and completing yearly PI’s.
- High School or GED or equivalent required.
- Minimum 3+ years in a fast paced, high volume distribution center.
- Forklift certification to allow for operation of all material handling equipment in the distribution center preferred.
- RF scanners, WMS, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills, basic math skills.
- Material handling equipment – floor sweeper, stretch wrapper, workstation PC, Printers, RF guns, printers, label printers.
- Must identify and report problems in a timely manner.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including proficient use of MS Office Suite.
- Ability to establish credibility across the organization and engage others to ensure the most effective supply chain solutions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to be constantly standing, bending, lifting up to 50 pounds, driving equipment in a safe manner.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.