3rd Line Network Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
Northwich, Cheshire, Cheshire, United Kingdom
Job ID: 44913
We have an exciting Contract opportunity for an Experienced 3rd Line Network Engineer to join Comms-care’s Managed Services team.
You will need sound troubleshooting skills and the ability to resolve faults efficiently within tight SLA’s in a fast-paced environment. You should also have excellent and broad networking skills, that involve routing, switching and security.
As a long standing Cisco Gold partner, Comms-care (a wholly owned subsidiary of Ingram Micro Inc.) is the UK’s market-leading strategic service partner to the IT channel community. With a commitment to being 100% channel-focused.
- Remote analysis and support of customer faults and changes utilising network management systems and remote access solutions.
- Escalate and liaise with manufacturer and other 3rd party support teams.
- Assist with the identification of hardware and software faults and root cause analysis, including advising on replacement parts for a wide variety of hardware platforms.
- Act as focal point and point of escalation for knowledge sharing between engineers.
- Requirement analysis and solution specification culminating in writing scope and design documents.
The successful candidate:
- A current CCNP qualification or equivalent knowledge and track record of working in Managed Service environment.
- Experience of Software Defined Networking, including SD-WAN, SDA and DNA.
- High level of competency with Cisco, Cisco Meraki, VeloCloud products.
- Experience of Raising cases and working with Cisco TAC.
- Experience in supporting simple to complex network environments and have good fundamental knowledge of Routing and Switching.
- Security and Wireless skills are an advantage to the role.
- Excellent knowledge of a wide range of networking hardware.
- Team oriented, collaborative, self-starter.
- Customer focused and prepared to 'go the extra mile' to exceed expectations with an attention to detail.
Make an application to join the team
Our team is as much about our people as it is our customers and business partners. We want associates with a strong desire to succeed. We offer a competitive base and benefits package.