Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
The Sr. Process/Systems Engineer will use skills in leading process design, SCE application knowledge, development integration, testing and deployment, to focus on architecting a solution using Business Process Re-engineering techniques and methods to achieve a defined business outcome.
The Sr. Process/Systems Engineer works on the complete life cycle from business needs definition, through process design, build or system configuration, testing, training, end user and technical documentation and delivery for process enactment and final diagnosis.
The Sr. Process/Systems Engineer plays a significant role in re-engineering global Supply Chain processes and solutions which are global in nature, integrated with other process areas, scalable, flexible are customer focused and follows industry best practices. Process improvements may range from reduced keystrokes, reduced handoffs, centralized data, reduced delays, freeing resources faster, or combing similar activities.
Process Change Implementation & Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Management
- Supply Chain Process Expert with expertise in defining, designing and implementing process improvements across Inventory management, Warehouse operations, logistics and quality management while aligning to industry best practices globally.
- Independently analyzes business problems and operational data from one or more sources to formulate solutions of moderate to significant complexity.
- Resolves technical issues and analyzes or develops solutions for application programs outside primary application knowledge.
- Created Technical Design, Performed Code Reviews, Testing and Post Implementation Support for Complex, Medium and Small Projects.
- Lead, facilitate, manage, and implement business process improvements and system changes to improve Key Performance Indicators for Warehouse operations, Warehouse engineering standards, Inventory management Transportation and Customer/Vendor Requirements/SLAs in collaboration with cross-functional departments. Change Management encompasses people, process, and tools with focus on effective communication with Process Owners and Stakeholders
- Solution integrator and strong hands on expertise with leading ERP applications and/or various Ingram Micro systems internal ERP, WMS, LMS and Inventory management systems.
- Strong expertise with see-burger & TIBCO systems for partner interfacing through EDI (X12, EDIFACT) and XML, Material handling systems, RF device technology and 1D/2D barcode generation. Review SAP/WMS systems, See-burger requirements, build functional specifications, functional walkthrough, design test cases and perform functional acceptance test with IT for the solution deployment.
- Lead cross-functional projects with focus on process/change management to ensure all teams are tracking to project Milestones, Deliverables, global KPI/Service Level Agreements
- Process Improvement Measurements, and Sustainable Control Plan for Monitoring post project implementation.
- Serve as a supply chain process expert / SME/Consultant focused on reducing costs and increasing efficiencies within Supply Chain Organization and Divisions/Business Units across the company
- Serve as business escalation point of contact for critical/high priority IS system latency / outages impacting associate productivity and company revenue.
- Drive best practices sharing and implementation from a systemic process change impact standpoint in working closely with Supply Chain process owners, Partner Operations Managers, BPI Managers, Project Managers, etc. for centralized repository of knowledge management, including process maps, business requirement documentation, test cases, macro libraries, etc. to share across campuses
Process Analysis, Testing, and Communication
- Works with business and customers to help them understand their needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Must recognize areas for process improvement and develop plans and requirements for implementing them.
- Coordinates a collaborative testing process between the business and IS team members.
- Proactively identifies and reports on business issues, dependencies, and risks related to system enhancements, functionality/design gaps, and user acceptance testing.
- Supports project manager(s) and related job families on company initiatives as a SME and contributing resource.
- Must detect and resolve issues effectively across process and systems in a timely manner and escalate accordingly.
- Must make sure all measures comply with Ingram’s business/partners standards, governance, policies, and procedures.
Business Systems Documentation and Training
- Update all relevant documentation such as test scripts, training materials, business process documentation, macros, etc.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Provides recommendations and advice on emerging technology trends.
- Develops and maintains a library of such documentation.
- Performs regular audits against documentation to ensure the business is complying with governance standards and other policies and procedures.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering (Industrial/Mechanical) or IS/IT management field or equivalent work experience required.
Experience: Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience
- Experience in Supply Chain Concepts like Warehouse management, Materials management, Inventory management, process design and Process Improvements . Line management in an operating environment a plus. Excellent communications skills both written and oral.
- Experience with any one or more industry leading Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), Transportation Management systems and Labor Management System (LMS) like SAP, JDA, Oracle, Manhattan, high jump, etc. and/or various Ingram Micro systems internal ERP, WMS, LMS and Inventory management systems.
- Experience with material handling systems (MHS) and other industry leading warehouse automation technologies
- Experience with technologies like Mainframe COBOL, PRO*C & C, Embedded C, JCL, Mainframe File Access Methods, Matlab, Visual Basic (VB), Data structures implementation in C(C), Dynamic SQL(SQL), INTERTEST(Debugger/Debugging Tools), Linux(UNIX), PL/SQL(Oracle)
- Review and manage carrier routing guide and carrier’s electronic messaging connectivity namely EDI 214, 211, 163, etc to manage real time track and trace updates into Ingram Micro’s ERP systems in order to drive supply chain integration
- Functional process expert responsible for gathering business requirements, design, system integration testing, User acceptance testing and support transportation related activities in IM WMS systems
- Detailed understanding of business analysis concepts, Supply Chain processes and Supply Chain applications
- Demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and Complex business problems.
- Interface design of different types ASC X12 EDI messaging in the area of transportation, Supply chain, establish EDI connectivity with partners, File exchange testing between customer and Ingram micro internal systems, received using different EDI methods.
- Experience with either 2 or more databases like RDBMS, IMS DB, MS Access, Oracle
- Liaison with the IT technical teams and represent transportation specific initiatives with regards to warehouse management systems, transportation Systems and Carrier communications. participate in all partner IT meeting to understand current and future requirements.
- Proficient and advanced knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite including but not limited to MS Word, MS Power point, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Visio, MS Project etc.
- Liaison with project management office and appropriate Project Management offices to help manage the day-to-day interdependencies of multiple project teams.
- Create and lead a supportive team-oriented work climate that enables business team members to develop professionally and that values diversity, promotes teamwork and collaboration and emphasizes quality, customer satisfaction, creativity and cost effectiveness.
Please be prepared to provide three current work references and pass a criminal background check and drug test.
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.