Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
What we are looking for:
Ingram Micro’s US Technology Solutions (USTS) has an exciting new opportunity for a Sales Coach. This role can be field/remote based or sit at one of our locations (Irvine, CA/Scottsdale AZ preferably). The ideal candidate is someone with prior sales experience (Technology Distribution/Manufacturer/Reseller exp preferred) with a proven track record of success with a desire to take those skills to drive the success of our new and existing team members at Ingram Micro. Experience as a sales trainer focusing on sales team development as well as experience with rolling out new programs is a plus.
What is a Sales Coach? What you will be doing:
The Sales Coach is responsible for fostering a culture of learning and growth across USTS while driving consistency in execution. The Sales Coach will deliver coaching, mentoring and enablement that incorporates Ingram Micro sales strategy and proven methodology. Develops individual and team capabilities and drives productivity through best use of sales methodology, tools, and techniques. Coordinating with Sales Leadership team to focus on key sales technique opportunities, the Sales Coach will align on Go-To-Market strategy and messaging, and ensure smooth partnerships with sales, sales operations, sales enablement, and training teams.
- Train, coach and motivate new and existing sales associates and sales leaders, by bringing the Sales Development program to life, ensuring that every new associate has the practical skills needed to be excellent in their roles
- Facilitate one-to-one and group coaching to drive continual learning and up-skilling sales techniques (Classroom/virtual trainings could average 3-4 sessions per day)
- Meet regularly with leaders to deliver insights on skill gaps and opportunities, using the data from a multitude of sources; provide continuous feedback, reporting and ongoing communication of new hire progress to sales managers; and review their key metrics and hold them accountable to completion of actions
- Create, monitor, and provide tracking of results; prepare periodic performance feedback and reports detailing sales teams’ coaching goals, trends, and weaknesses
- Facilitate and drive sales calibration sessions and group coaching sessions for sales teams, ensuring consistent evaluation and coaching practices and standards of excellence by ensuring that all evaluations, observations, tools (PowerCoach, Telstrat), and coaching sessions are consistent with Sales Strategy across teams, campaigns, and departments
What you bring to the role:
- Four Year College Degree (or additional relevant experience in a related field0
- Minimum 8 years of functional experience including a minimum of 5yrs position specific experience
- Communication & Facilitation Skills: Exceptional interpersonal communication style that transverses the virtual world; strong communication, presentation and listening skills.
- Influencer & Change Agent: A high-energy individual with a sense of humor and ability to work with a wide range of personalities; comfortable engaging with and communicating at all levels. Must be able to conduct needs assessments with sales executive leadership and assess sales skills at an individual level and provide feedback to managers. Tactfully hold sales professionals accountable.
- Personal drive: Effective time manager, capable of developing the strategy and executing on the tactics and supporting programs, while managing competing priorities. Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Self-motivated team player who can work independently; extremely organized with strong attention to detail.
- Possesses strong problem-solving and analytical skills which result in sound decisions, solutions, and recommendations.
- Demonstrated people management skills which successfully motivate and enhance personal performance and development.
- Has a positive outlook and approach, and a learning-based attitude; expresses positive enthusiasm, energy, excitement, and passion for the company, its products, the training content and strategy, and the success of its associates.
Sales Coaches enjoy knowing that they have attained success when the associates in their coaching program succeed!
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.