IT Program Manager - Zendesk
We are looking for a dynamic, business-focused IT Program Manager to join our Zendesk team to help drive global cross-functional email management migrations for our business leadership which will help us scale responsibly and accelerate the pace at which we grow.
This role works with leaders, team leads and global teams across the corporation to assist in executing global initiatives sponsored by our VP, US Information Technology and VP, Business Operations and Transformation leaders in achieving stakeholder goals through use of technology. You will interface with global leads and teams from many different organizations to ensure appropriate alignment with and support for Zendesk configurations and migrations.
Role responsibilities: As a Program Manager on our Zendesk Product team, you’ll be working with local and global teams to help drive key-cross functional configurations and implementations. You will support the full Agile lifecycle from establishing initial contact, conducting demos, leading requirement, and weekly Pilot reviews, with an opportunity to learn/stay current on configurations, while leading UAT’s, and Go/No-Go reviews (ITIL Change Mgmt process) through to implementations. The role will join a growing team to provide technical leadership and support for implementing on corporate strategies, organization objectives, and functional teams.
What we do all day:
- As an IT Program Manager, we focus on our business customer/stakeholder needs by focusing on bringing structure to sometimes ambiguous visions through initial discussions regarding pain points with current tools and demos to share what could be possible
- Keeping our Kanban board backlog current with new team requests as well and updating status on current team configuration updates (Pilots) and deployment dates
- Conducting demos for leadership as well as individual teams as interests occur along with discussions with team partners to pair up a pilot between support in Manila and other In Country teams
- Learning/expanding knowledge of the Zendesk core functionality as well as keeping current with customized configurations through daily configuration reviews with teams
- Also contributing towards troubleshooting of issues that arise with Pilot testing and production updates, partnering with SME’s and technical team on resolutions
- Conducting weekly reviews with team conducting Pilot reviews along with our Configuration Specialists while adjustments to configurations are made so testing can continue through to implementation
- Build on streamlined and optimized processes and provide solutions to teams in areas requiring significant change management in a way that minimizes disruption
- Managing ITIL Change process by creating and closing out IMServe implementation tickets, conducting Go/No-Go sessions with teams the wed before Go Live, leading the cut over with our team and the messaging contact and setting up support meetings following implementations
- Identify and track areas of opportunity for adjustments required to enhance and maintain configurations for teams in production
- Leading training and functional review sessions with SME’s, teams, and leadership answer questions and keep track of update requests to be shared with Configuration Specialists, Developer, as needed
- Develop configuration items (CI) into appropriate configuration units and ensure filing of documentation into Teams repository for eMail management and User Groups
- Leading by influence to build trust in the system across the organization while cultivating a culture of openness and transparency to increase the likelihood of a successful implementation
- Positively impact the effectiveness and efficiency of team members by sharing your experiences and contributing to the continuous improvement of our methodology
What you bring:
- Established and productive professional individual contributor. Works independently with general supervision.
- Works on moderate to complex projects. Problems faced are difficult and may be complex.
- May influence others within the job area through explanation of facts, policies and practices. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Receives moderate level of guidance. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall accuracy. May need to consult with Senior/Specialist staff members on some technical issues.
- General proficiency with various tools, systems, and procedures required to accomplish the job.
- A four year college degree (or additional experience in a related field) and 3 years functional experience including a minimum 1 year position specific experience.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.