CloudBlue is the world’s largest cloud platform provider, enabling any business to provide cloud solutions to anyone. We are committed to helping our partners drive new ways of doing business with an infinite ecosystem of cloud solutions, platform technology, enablement programs and relationships with the biggest players in the cloud industry.
CloudBlue is the only cloud commerce engine with a proven hyper-scale digital platform, and today powers the world’s largest service provider marketplaces, totaling more than 30 million seats globally. With a pulse on IoT, security, XaaS, IaaS technologies, and more, we invite visionaries to make an impact on this fast-growing industry. Our CloudBlue commerce platform enables companies to rapidly increase their level of success in the cloud market by building, scaling and monetizing services.
How do you stand out?
By having knowledge of SaaS and PaaS and previous experience in eCommerce management, by thriving in a “startup-like” environment and being excited about the impact you will make.
As a part of the Global Technical Operations Team, the Platform Engineer is responsible for continuously operating, managing and supporting Cloud Platforms of our customers with the goal of maintaining a highly available, scalable, reliable and secure platform. In capacity of Platform engineer your main goals will be performing and automating operational activities such as but not limited to: products deployment and configuration, product catalog maintenance, platform updates delivery, validating implemented changes, system administration of underlying infrastructure.
Platform Engineer will focus on executing operational and maintenance tasks, developing, executing, supporting and maintaining automation tools. Daily tasks will range from supporting product rollouts, maintaining multiple operational environments, troubleshooting issues and contributing to improvements of processes, platforms and supporting its components. We are looking for a technology innovator who will be able to propose new ideas, work with technology teams to implement ideas and operationalize them once successful.
- Continuously improve operational efficiency by automating manual tasks and processes
- Actively contribute to internal automation toolset by developing new and improving of existing tools
- Deploy, configure, maintain and manage customers’ Cloud Platforms and its components
- Analyze and understand requirements for customers’ requests and implement accordingly
- Maintain and support developed solutions
- Collaborate with platform and connectors R&D teams in order report software issues as well as request improvements in order to satisfy customer experience satisfaction
- Prepare deployment, configuration and process documentation
- Monitoring of systems’ health and performance, improving monitoring process
- Support customers by investigating and successfully resolving reported issues
- Maintain platform security by following established security and data protection procedures, perform security hardening by applying suggested configuration changes
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience
- 5+ years of experience as a System Administrator or related position
- Excellent system administration skills
- Understanding of SDLC
- 3+ years of scripting or development experience
- Good experience in writing script in bash and/or PowerShell
- Good Linux Server Administration skills – CentOS, Redhat
- WebServers & Databases – Tomcat, Apache, MSSQL, Azure SQL, PostgreSQL
- Experience working with IaaS/Cloud services of Azure (preferred), AWS and/or GCP
- Experience writing and optimizing SQL queries
- Fluent in English written/verbal communication
- Deliver results doing what it takes to get things done on time
- Work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Clear understanding of cloud technologies and offerings from Azure, AWS and GCP
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with strong teamwork abilities
- Demonstrated strong written communication and speaking skills
- Knowledge of bug tracking and documentation systems such as Jira and Confluence
- Solid understanding of API concepts and types
- Understanding of subscription-based services, subscriptions lifecycle and billing concepts
- Knowledge and understanding of basics of financial terms: orders, AR/AP, credit management
- Ability to learn and adapt to new services, systems, and technologies in a dynamic technical infrastructure
- Writing and maintaining technical documentation: technical and process documentation, product requirements documents, feature requests
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment and provide significant contributions both individually and as part of a greater team
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with Cloud Blue Commerce (formerly: Odin Automation)
- Python, Azure, LPI, Microsoft, Postgres, MSSQL certifications would be a big plus
- Experience working with Bitbucket, Git, Jenkins, Terraform, Puppet, Chef and Ansible
- Experience working with API, manual execution as well as automating by writing scripts
- Experience working with monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Prometheus, Grafana, etc.
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Apply today if this is your next role !!
Unfortunately, due to COVID 19 and travel restrictions only candidates who are onshore and hold current Australian Work Rights (no sponsorship) will be considered at this time.
Find out more !
Careers - Ingram Micro Cloud