Actionable Data and Insights Associate Professional
Williamsville, NY, United States
Job ID: 45159
Description Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.Primary Roles and Responsibilities
Liaison between the business/end users and IT systems development teams for business needs requiring IT based solutions including: identifying and analyzing business needs, conducting requirements gathering, and defining scope and objectives, making recommendations for solutions or improvements to business processes that can be accomplished through new technology or alternative uses of existing technology, researching business requirements and documenting the relationships between the components of the application system (i.e., end users, business processes, data, applications, and devices), translating business requirements into application requirements.Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements. Assess available technologies to create development specifications as well as detailed test cases. Assist with testing to analyze results. May play a key role in training employees on application, database, and operating systems. Position reports into the user group.What you bring to the role:
- Build and execute dashboards, calculations, triggers, automation, and scripting via Microsoft Platform, specializing in PowerBI, Power Apps, and Power Automate
- Extract, filter and aggregate data through logical queries, complex calculations and programming (SQL experience)
- Aptitude to learn and execute data modeling
- Ability to work with senior business leaders on designing and creating new Actionable Data and Insights
- Champions significant projects, programs and business initiatives using demonstrated creativity and ingenuity
- Ensure high data quality through regular quality checks
- Can come up with quick solutions/workaround to keep the business running
- Can identify the support group and stakeholders needed to address issues
Education:A four year college degree (or additional experience in a related field) and 3 years functional experience including a minimum 1 year position specific experience.*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
- Established and productive professional individual contributor.
- Works independently with general supervision.
- Problems faced are difficult and may be complex.
- May influence others within the job area through explanation of facts, policies and practices.
- Works on moderate to complex projects. Uses company standard policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Receives moderate level of guidance.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall accuracy.
- General proficiency with various tools, systems, and procedures required to accomplish the job. May need to consult with Senior/Specialist staff members on some technical issues.