Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
This position is responsible for procuring and managing the global external workforce accounts with the goal of achieving significant cost reductions and maintaining and improving service levels related to the contingent workforce.
- Partner closely with internal stakeholders and the leadership team to develop, engage and lead external workforce supplier relationships that drive the greatest value in total cost effectiveness, supplier quality, enhanced service levels, risk management, sustainability, supplier diversity and innovation.
- Execute sourcing initiatives and negotiate best-in-class strategic agreements for total costs, payment terms, service level agreement, and other key terms through the use of should-cost models, RFPs, category/supplier insights, benchmarking, advanced analytics, and eSourcing tools.
- Drive continued cost savings through identifying, assessing, developing business cases, prioritizing initiatives, and executing initiatives focused on reducing the total cost of ownership.
- Manage the ongoing performance of our suppliers to achieve best-in-class results including setting objectives and service level agreements (SLAs), tracking and reporting KPI performance, supplier scorecards, and prioritizing and leading joint improvement efforts.
- Partner with 3rd party subject matter experts to leverage functional and category benchmarking and best practices to understand industry category trends, as well as drive improved results, processes, standard practices, analytics, and tools.
- Proactively monitor and manage supply risk to ensure continuity of supply or service.
- Leverage market/commodity insights, inflation mitigation techniques, cost escalation/de-escalation agreements, etc. to forecast and secure market competitive pricing.
- Engage supplier innovation capabilities to identify and deliver improved products and service offerings.
- Use the latest technology in the aggregation, analysis, and predictive modeling of workforce data to inform both operational headcount planning and strategic workforce planning.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering or Procurement or equivalent. MBA a plus
- Lean or Six Sigma certification is preferred
- CPM, CPIM (APICS) or other Strategic Sourcing certification a plus
- 10+ years of experience with increasing leadership responsibilities, and a minimum of 5 years in a supervisory/management level position.
- Strong strategic sourcing and supplier relationship management skills
- Excellent business acumen, financial, cost modeling, data analysis, and root cause problem solving skills.
- Experience negotiating complex contracts including strategic partnerships, pricing, SLAs, and other terms and conditions.
- Ability to track and manage supplier performance and set expectations for improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively identify, evaluate and implement solutions for customers.
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of end-to-end processes, determining business requirements, and process improvement.
- Supports and promotes cross functional team efforts, acting as process architect and organizational change agent.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deploy, sustain, and improve on investments from tools, people, and processes.
- Works with executives and operational stakeholders to ensure cross-functional understanding and cooperation to execute highly complex deployment and transformation initiatives in a global matrixed environment.
- Highly self-motivated, consultative approach, enthusiastic and ability to create followership, and lives the “continuous improvement” philosophy and can drive change successfully, push back with alternate approaches or solutions, and constantly challenges others to strive for improvement.
- Helps define transformational strategies, ensures resource alignment, and successfully manages the transition, adaptation, and adoption of processes and functionality.
- Proactive, well organized, logical and creative thinker, with demonstrated ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities, and with strong result orientation - has track record for delivering results, takes ownership & is accountable.
- Strong presentation and written communication skills, influencing skills, and the ability to work successfully with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent training and facilitation, time and project management skills
- Advanced knowledge of SAP, P2P Suites, and Microsoft Suite (especially Excel)
- Proven track record of integrity, sound judgment, organization building success
- Excellent personal leadership skills – proven ability to build, develop and motivate a team
* Position may require travel, including international travel.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.