Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
Lead the Global SAP Procurement & Supply Chain team, focused on design, implementation, and on-going operations and maintenance of SAP applications and technology. Professionals will have hands-on access and exposure to the latest technologies and thought leaders. We work to improve our digital world and enable scalability, remove performance barriers, enable innovation, and modernize core systems and reimagine their business with SAP digital solutions. Applications include SAP S/4HANA (BRIM, GRC, Fiori, etc).
The Director, SAP Procurement and Supply chain leads the definition and deployment of the SAP based solution (Global Template) for Procurement (P2P) and the Supply Chain Execution (SCE) processes. It oversees the global template application and defines any material gaps that may exist with the present and ongoing business and facilitates the determination of whether changes are to be made to the Global template or localization is required. Procurement and Supply Chain are critical functions in Ingram Micro’s business model, providing collaboration, planning, execution, and coordination of the entire supply network. An efficient and effective Procurement and Supply Chain process will have a quantifiable impact on costs, productivity and Ingram Micro profitability.
The Director, SAP Procurement and Supply Chain will use their skills in SAP process design, and configuration, SAP design, development integration, testing and deployment, and/or SAP technical architecture to focus on architecting solutions using SAP to achieve a defined business outcome. The Director, SAP Procurement and Supply Chain is accountable for the complete life cycle from business requirements definition, through design, build, testing, training, end user and technical documentation and delivery to production. The Director, SAP Procurement and Supply Chain plays a significant role in designing an SAP production solution which is global, integrated, scalable, and flexible and follows industry best practices.
- As overall IT leader, you will be the single point of contact for all technology deliverables across Procurement and Supply Chain, leading a team of 15 associates.
- Develop, plan and implement technology-based solutions and supporting infrastructure.
- Requirements mapping to technical design and solution, development, testing, cutover and support of all technology deliverables.
- Manage, motivate, guide and train IT team of ERP and legacy application developers/partners, business analysts, project managers, support specialists, infrastructure and support partners.
- Manage technical change management for large scale IT transformation, system changes that impact daily operations, standard operating procedures and future solutions.
- Recruit, retain, develop and deploy and engage a highly effective team.
- Share financial accountability for performance against a budget and manage the allocated IS Financial budget.
- Accountable for building a 3 -5 year IS road map (strategic plan) to support the SAP P2P and SCE process areas. Enabling responsive supply networks is a complex process, especially for Ingram Micro’s global operations. Key success criteria in this position are:
- an in-depth understanding of global Supply Chain Management and Execution processes preferably in the global distribution or reseller industry;
- experience in understanding and analysis of solutions that are customer-centric, demand-driven, adapt to changing market conditions, and proactively respond to shorter, less predictable technology product life cycles;
- strong SAP functional knowledge of the P2P and SCE processes that include robust reporting and analytics tools
- strong expertise on the people, process and procedural change impact that come as a result of SAP Sales and Distribution and supporting module implementations;
- thought leadership on Industry Best Practices;
- Excellent understanding of related cross functional - business processes in the area of Finance and OTC;
- Strong skills in partner connectivity (EDI, XML, IDOCs);
- Integration with Sap and non-SAP warehouse systems.
Critical areas of P2P and SCE process focus for this role are planning, analysis and configuration for:
- Demand forecasting and planning
- Supply network
- Safety stock
- Strategic supply chain design
- Materials management – plan-driven procurement, inventory management, and invoicing
- Order Available to Promise (ATP) - plans product availability across a fulfillment network and associated total product cost. This module is the critical link between order management systems and supply chain planning systems
- Transportation management– to plan, consolidate, and optimize inbound and outbound shipments within considering real-world constraints, costs, and penalties. Special considerations are needed for international trade and dangerous/ hazardous material handling compliance (e.g. batteries)
- Warehouse management– to reconcile open purchase orders with incoming shipments, support a put-away management system, and optimize picking assignments. Also support in- warehouse tasks such as labeling, kitting, and deferred handling. Relevant experience in integration with non SAP WH systems.
- Cross Application Integration of SAP SCE SD module processes with Finance, OTC, P2P, Partner Connectivity (PCG), and Compliance
- Integrated with the MM and PP functional modules, allowing input of customized customer sales price, checking for open orders and forecasting future demand
- Manage a variety of contract agreements with multiple manufacturers and end users
- Use analytical and simulation functionality to evaluate and promote desirable programs and model new programs
- EDI, XML Rosetta net and forms of electronic data protocols
- Master Data Governance, validation and governance.
- Vendor rebates process on Vistex
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Math, Science, or related technical discipline is required. A graduate degree is preferred
- Work Experience: 10+ years’ experience in SAP MM/PP/WM leadership role with 10 or more full life cycle SAP implementations.
- 5+ years of experience as a senior level manager in a matrixed organization with offshore teams (Mumbai and Manila primarily).
- IT infrastructure and operations of similar or greater size/complexity/business criticality
- Strong knowledge of WM, MM module, Variant Configuration
- Costs, variable pricing, POCC, configuration orders, and virtual goods receipts
- User Exits
- MS Office Suite including Visio and Project
- Extensive experience in working with business and IS, to ensure an effective process design, Fit/Gap analysis and managing the integrity of a global template
- Lead and run Global process workshop with clearly defined objectives and goals
- Configure classification Tool, Configuration Profile, object Dependences, Dependencies for Value assignments, ALE, Setting up Constraints, Material Variants, setting up Class types and characteristics, configure Purchase Order Types, Copy Controls, and Item Categories
- Superior communication (i.e., written and verbal) skills, presentation, teamwork skills and resourcefulness
* Position may require up to 25% travel, including international travel.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.