Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
PLEASE NOTE: This job requires permanent ability to work in U.S. We can't accept anyone currently working on an H-1B and wont be able to provide sponsorship.
INGRAM MICRO BUSINESS ANALYST (SAFETY)
Under the direction of the U.S. Safety Manager for Ingram Micro, this position will serve as the primary safety and claims analyst for all industrial-related injuries at all U.S. locations. Must have use and proper understanding of business intelligence platforms (example - Power BI) to provide nontechnical end users with tools to aggregate, analyze, and visualize data; understand principles, practices or methods of workers’ compensation injury claims, and safety and OSHA programs. Among various duties assigned includes assisting with and contributing to the development of programs that will minimize the financial impact associated with injury claims by working closely with the Third-Party Administrator (TPA), Risk Management, and U.S. Safety Manager. Incumbents in this classification are subject to minimal supervision and guidance in the performance of duties.
- Prepares complex, routine and non-routine reports as requested utilizing a variety of software; receives, sorts, and summarizes materials for the preparation of reports; prepares work reports; relays and interprets administrative decisions, policies and instructions.
- Collect Injury data and create reporting and analysis that will identify safety risks and trends.
- Aids with facilitating the portions of the administration of workers’ compensation claims, in a timely and organized manner to and ensure that all statutory reporting, correspondence, and time limit requirements are met, (i.e. OSHA 300 log, 301, WC State Board etc.).
- Provide oversight and guidance and partner with Risk Management in the management of the Third-Party Claims Administrator, ESIS.
- Communicate on a routine basis with all pertinent parties to the claim including HR, Safety and Security, Risk Management, ESIS (TPA), etc.
- Continuously seek to add value to the company by identifying processes that may hinder profitability due to exposure, lack of visibility, follow up, etc.
- Recommend Nurse Case Managers (NCM) when appropriate and facilitate NCM findings with appropriate individuals.
- Ensuring accurate reporting and documentation in accordance with all Federal and State Requirements.
- Serve as liaison between ESIS and site HR to facilitate timely communication between the two parties to ensure no informational gaps exist with a focused effort on employee engagement and timely facilitation at each stage of the process.
- Assist sites with identification and reporting of all claims with questionable circumstances or information, and recommend Nurse Case Managers, (NCM), when appropriate.
- Attend routine claim reviews with insurance broker and TPA team to develop and implement claims and litigation strategies. Create “smaller claim review processes” as needed based on trends at specific sites/regions.
- Maintain and upgrade professional knowledge, skills, and development by attending seminars and training programs and reading trade and professional journals and publications.
- Assists with and contributes to the development and implementation of an Employee Injury Claims Management policy, the Transitional Duty and Return-to-work (RTW) Program by teaming with the Third-Party Administrator (TPA) of claims to develop corresponding “Bridge Assignments” to ensure successful return to work.
INJURY AND ILLNESS PREVENTION DUTIES:
- Contributes to the existing injury and illness prevention programs, assisting in the development and enhancement of communication and training materials and disseminating to staff, hazard identification and other safe work practices.
- Investigates accidents on occasion and/or reviews accident reports, corrective actions taken and makes additional recommendations, as needed.
- Provides consultation services to various Ingram departments to assist in developing an effective injury and illness prevention program.
- Assist with the coordination of a variety of training classes to support IIPP initiatives.
- Conducts periodic review and develop analyses on existing Ingram Micro SMS programs, and propose alternative/improved practices where necessary.
- Serve a valuable resource in the promotion and development of the Ingram Micro Safety Culture.
- Maintains and upgrades professional knowledge, skills, and development by attending seminars and training programs and reading trade and professional journals and publications.
- Coordinates applicable hazard surveys such as, chemical exposures, noise exposures, ergonomic studies, blood-borne pathogens, confined spaces, respiratory exposures, and equipment lockout tagout exposures.
- Reviews Safety Orders and advises departments of compliance requirements.
- Responds to OSHA complaints and citations; may represent Ingram at administrative hearings related to citations.
- Assist with and prepare briefings, memos, communications and safety alerts for dissemination throughout the company via various channels including email, MS Teams, Yammer, etc.
Proper use and understanding of business intelligence platforms (such as Power BI) to provide nontechnical end users with tools to aggregate, analyze, and visualize data; Principles, practices or methods of workers’ compensation injury claims knowledge, safety and OSHA programs; applicable state, federal and local ordinances, codes, laws, acts, rules and regulations, and legislative issues; methods and techniques of research, statistical analysis and report presentation; all computer applications and hardware related to performance of the essential functions of the job; correct English usage, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary; internal departmental policies and procedures.
- Use tact, discretion, initiative and independent judgement within established guidelines.
- Implement lateral thinking, analyze scenarios and draw suitable conclusions.
- Demonstrate analysis abilities with real world examples and KPI driven results.
- Research, compile, and summarize a variety of informational and statistical data and materials.
- Communicate orally with internal staff, citizens, and other departmental staff in order to give and receive information in a courteous manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Recent 4 year college graduate, or 2 years of Analyst experience.
- Strong skills in Excel, Access, ect.
- Knowledge of OSHA or Workers Comp is a plus.
- Working with large amounts of data and creating reports.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.