Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
The Principle Process Engineer will use his/her skills in leading process design, SCE application knowledge, development integration, testing and deployment, to focus on architecting a solution using Business Process Re-engineering techniques and methods to achieve a defined business outcome. The Principle Process Engineer works on the complete life cycle from business needs definition, through process design, build or system configuration, testing, training, end user and technical documentation and delivery for process enactment and final diagnosis. The Principle Process Engineer plays a significant role in re-engineering global Supply Chain processes and solutions which are global in nature, integrated with other process areas, scalable, flexible are customer focused and follows industry best practices.
- Work closely with IT within the company to ensure changes and projects are properly working
- Independently analyzes business problems and operational data from one or more sources to formulate solutions of moderate to significant complexity.
- Resolves technical issues and analyzes or develops solutions for application programs outside primary application knowledge.
- Create Technical Design, Performed Code Reviews, Testing and Post Implementation Support for Complex, Medium and Small Projects.
- Work individually and collaboratively to develop and deliver automation solutions to internal stakeholders
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Work with external companies and internal resources to define process and strategy associated with automation
- Solution integrator and strong hands-on expertise with leading ERP applications and/or various Ingram Micro systems internal ERP, WMS, LMS and Inventory management systems.
- Strong expertise with WMS and its subsystems, MHS, RF device technology, 1D/2D barcode generation and our ERP systems
- Energetic individual with enthusiasm to learn new tools, technologies, and processes
- Own core product areas and the test automation effort of one or more features
- Serve as a supply chain process expert / SME/Consultant focused on reducing costs and increasing efficiencies within Supply Chain Organization and Divisions/Business Units across the company
- Serve as business escalation point of contact for critical/high priority IS system latency / outages impacting associate productivity and company revenue.
- Assist and mentor teammates to provide technical leadership and best practices sharing in priority review meetings
- Must have good communication and problem-solving skills, ability to assimilate information, updated technical know-how, and ability to think ahead
- Be responsible for designing the structure of new technology systems, overseeing the implementation of programs, and liaising with the software development team
Process Analysis, Testing, and Communication
- Works with business and customers to help them understand their needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Must recognize areas for process improvement and develop plans and requirements for implementing them.
- Coordinates a collaborative testing process between the business and IT team members.
- Proactively identifies and reports on business issues, dependencies, and risks related to system enhancements, functionality/design gaps, and user acceptance testing.
- Supports project manager(s) and related job families on company initiatives as a SME and contributing resource.
- Must detect and resolve issues effectively across process and systems in a timely manner and escalate accordingly.
- Must make sure all measures comply with Ingram’s business/partners standards, governance, policies, and procedures.
- Work alongside managers or clients to agree on the IT requirements
- Passion for quality, exceptional attention to detail
Business Systems Documentation and Training
- Update all relevant documentation such as test scripts, training materials, business process documentation, macros, etc.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Provides recommendations and advice on emerging technology trends.
- Develops and maintains a library of such documentation.
- Performs regular audits against documentation to ensure the business is complying with governance standards and other policies and procedures.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering (Industrial/Mechanical) or IS/IT management field or equivalent work experience required.
Experience: Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience
- Experience in Supply Chain Concepts like Warehouse management, Materials management, Inventory management, process design and Process Improvements . Line management in an operating environment a plus. Excellent communications skills both written and oral.
- Experience with any one or more industry leading Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), and Labor Management System (LMS) like SAP, Oracle and/or various Ingram Micro systems internal ERP, WMS, LMS and Inventory management systems.
- Experience with material handling systems (MHS) and other industry leading warehouse automation technologies
- Good analytical skill, communication skill, proactive, capability of thinking through a scenario
- Functional process expert responsible for gathering business requirements, design, system integration testing, User acceptance testing and support transportation related activities in IM WMS systems
- Detailed understanding of business analysis concepts, Supply Chain processes and Supply Chain applications
- Demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and Complex business problems.
- Experience with either 2 or more databases like RDBMS, IMS DB, MS Access, Oracle
- Proficient and advanced knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite including but not limited to MS Word, MS Power point, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Visio, MS Project etc
- Liaison with project management office and appropriate Project Management offices to help manage the day-to-day interdependencies of multiple project teams
- Create and lead a supportive team-oriented work climate that enables business team members to develop professionally and that values diversity, promotes teamwork and collaboration and emphasizes quality, customer satisfaction, creativity, and cost effectiveness.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing and you may not perform all of these duties. Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.