Santa Clara, CA, United States
Job ID: 45463
Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
Responsible for supporting management with complex to advanced analysis. Collaborates with Sales and Product to ensure effective value and pricing rationale of our services. In addition, the position manages and maintains our carrier services and portfolio of domestic and international delivery providers.
Often required to work on special projects.
- Utilize strong knowledge data analysis to assist in pricing calculations and provide pricing analytic support
- Establish, monitor, and update platform rate enhancements to ensure accuracy in platform automated rating
- Work closely with product to capture billable events on platform and platform enhancements.
- Originate, implement, and execute strategies that advance the carrier portfolio and the ultimate service experience of all Shipwire stakeholders
- Help with Shipwire carrier peak forecast to secure package capacity
- Uses historical data, sales trends and market research to develop forecasts and business strategy, and provide various reporting (daily, weekly, monthly).
- Work closely with transportation team and account management on the post accessorial billing process
- Investigate carrier charges and create preventive measures either in platform XMLs or understanding WMS operations shortcomings.
- XML carrier/service updates for the platform rate engine
- Provide Ad-hoc platform analysis
- Rating engine optimization trouble shooting/ upkeep
- Jira Q&A
- Analyze package data to recommend nodes in a network for optimal transit performance and cost savings
- Transportation billing and profitability analysis
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirement
- 3-4 years of experience supporting and/or managing pricing decisions, including forecasting, and pricing analysis in logistics industry
- Experience working with data in SQL (MySQL, Google Big Query)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in business and financial analysis required.
- Strong knowledge of transportation industry, with emphasis on distribution, LTL, small parcel and 3PLs required
- Innovative individual who can devise strategies and execute plans; able to interact with all levels both internally and externally
- Adaptable, proactive personality style that can prioritize, quickly adapt to changing conditions, and execute autonomously to closure
- Strong analytical skills with ability to interpret the numbers for business meaning and application
- Previous experience with financial statements (P&L, balance sheets, etc.)
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to follow through with tasks to their conclusion
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimum supervision
- Advance Excel
- Experience working in highly matrixed organization supporting Sales, Operations, Engineering, Product, and Finance.
- Experience supporting business units with heavy data analytics.
- Ability to distill complex business /financial situations and questions into simple and clear conclusions.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, with the ability to interface with corporate executives, business management and functional groups.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A complex to advanced level of knowledge in: Spreadsheets - Excel - writing macros, developing formulas, using functions such as pivot and lookup tables
- Database familiarity – SQL, report generation
- Complex modeling, dashboard creation and problem -solving skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Preferably in Transportation/Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Finance
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing and you may not perform all of these duties. Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.