Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
This is a unique opportunity to innovate and create industry standards that will drive deep changes in the value-streams pertaining to our full B2B distribution model, bringing Ingram Micro to an unchallenged leader position. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow in a fast-paced high-energy environment while digitally transforming a $50B multi-national company, this is the job for you!!!
Flexible Subscriptions is one of our most strategic global initiatives and tasked with further developing our current and future software licensing and subscription business, including the design of a variety of new business models involving IoT, HaaS and XaaS in general. The Director of Product, Digital Solutions will drive the user experience and XaaS business models implementation world-wide. We are looking for a smart and innovative product management leader who is self-sufficient and thrives in ambiguity, has experience in setting B2B digital services and subscriptions strategies and roadmaps, and can drive results across business and technical teams. Success is measured through EBITDA growth, internal efficiency, and customer satisfaction – in short, you will make a huge difference for our customers and our business!
This position involves regular communication with senior management across sales, finance, vendor management, customer service, marketing, digital strategy, and technology, therefore, effective presentation skills are essential for this opportunity. We are also looking for strong market and customer analytical skills to extract the prioritization of roadmaps and business cases. As a product leader, you must be able to see the vision, set a path to get there, and lead and influence others to achieve our goals. Ultimately, you will be creating digital transformative solutions for global business processes.
The Director of Product, Digital Solutions will be responsible for a team of global Product Managers and the Recurring Revenue experience including a number of services such as catalog, quoting, ordering, provisioning, usage collection, billing and revenue recognition. The job also involves road-mapping vendor integrations, vendor rollouts and international deployments of the platform. People management and leadership skills are essential for the success of the role. Team building, cross functional collaboration, accountability, ownership and defining success criteria are some of the key qualities required for this position.
The ideal candidate will be strong in the following areas:
- Product Management and development, working together with business and technology teams to design, develop, or enhance existing web capabilities and customer experience. Experience in building products/services at scale.
- Design thinking practitioner and coach, proven record in data-driven product development.
- Strong advocate for internal and external customers and able to convert their needs into prioritized roadmaps.
- Business management, including creating strategy across product portfolio, roadmaps, and managing budgets.
- Understanding of the global organization and its associated business units, with ability to work across the globe with multiple regions and multiple stakeholders
- Product knowledge of subscription models and digital customer engagement in a multi-tier setup where vendor set most of the engagement rules including pricing.
- Knowledge of business models with presence of B2BX and Partner Revenue Sharing.
- Collaboration with development teams to define scope and processes within Agile Framework.
- Ability to perform analysis and research of technical and business issues associated with potential product ideas and technology deployments by sector and industry. Build compelling cases for recommendations that will drive consensus among cross-functional teams and motivate executives.
- Champion digital products and strategies. Understand complex business and technical considerations and make appropriate decisions to ensure positive, global results.
- Ability to identify, hire, retain, and develop highly skilled product managers
- Proven track record of delivering key subscription services features on time and within budget.
- Meet with customers, partners, peers and stakeholders, including regional CIOs and business leaders, to understand market and business requirements, opportunities, and challenges.
- Define product area strategy, roadmaps, and the scope of work that align with the vision of the digital strategy organization.
- Analyze macro-economic trends, perform competitive analysis, size-up internal capabilities, and build business cases to support the portfolio of initiatives.
- Ability to establish strategies and roadmaps that align across key dimensions of local (region/country), customer type (SMB/VAR/Retail/MSP), and product offering (hardware/software/services).
- Actively prioritizes between broad competing needs and helps to build business cases around new investment requests.
- Latitude to make product decisions for responsible functional area as aligned with broader goals.
- Hire, retain and grow Product Managers, nurturing the existing skillset and raising the bar for higher standards.
- Help to build a strong product and recurring services culture within the organization.
- Collaborate with the respective engineering / development partners to assist in designing the best product in terms of customer experience.
- Contribute to long-term product roadmap and strategy.
- Be an ambassador for all things digital within Ingram Micro and to champion transformation across the organization.
What you bring to the role:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related technical field.
- Preferred: an MBA (or equivalent) from a top-tier institution, or equivalent combination of education and business experience.
- 10+ years of relevant product management experience – with at least 7 years of people management experience, preferably experience managing through direct report managers.
- Creative thinking, high-energy, self-motivation.
- Deep expertise in creating compelling product visions that maximize revenue potential of individual services and product portfolios.
- Platform\Product integration with API onto eCommerce platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new technology, and complex workflows.
- Ability to interact with Engineers and Designers on technical topics to identify best possible decisions.
- Ability to create digital transformative solutions for business processes.
- Ability to understand marketing and content drivers through partnerships with internal and external collaborations to improve user engagement. Experience in using analytics to drive adoption.
- Data driven with the ability to define, track and act upon KPIs.
- Must have international and remote team management experience.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge and practical experience with product management, business strategy, technology strategy, and roadmap planning and scenario analysis.
* Position may require travel, including international travel.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.