Technical Writer - (Cloud Services)
This job posting is no longer active.
Toronto, ON, Canada
Job ID: 45600
Are you excited about the potential for Cloud to help businesses be more productive? Do you have a passion for technology and continued thirst to grow and learn? Join our dynamic, global team and change how businesses operate.
Ingram Micro Cloud, a business unit of Ingram Micro, powers the world’s largest cloud marketplace and is committed to helping our partners accelerate their digital business success by leveraging our hyperscale platform technology, infinite ecosystem of cloud solutions from the biggest innovators in the tech industry, and go-to-market support and resources to increase adoption and growth. With proven proficiency in SaaS, IaaS, IoT, security, and XaaS technologies, we invite visionaries to join our team and make an impact on this fast-growing industry.
As a Technical Writer, you not only have a love for linguistics and communications, but also a love for technology and the latest trends. You enjoy talking to people and are excited to see what they are doing. You have a keen interest and even some hands-on experience with cloud technologies.
You will not just be responsible for creating and maintaining internal technical documentation but also delivering executive level presentations and creating content for internal and external distribution. You will be also responsible for elevating our standards when it comes to quality of work with all types of technical documentation. You will create guidelines and best practices and you will work with others to ensure that Ingram Micro Cloud has technical documentation of the highest quality for both internal and external consumption.
You should also be able to deliver presentations to teams and strong interpersonal and communication skills are natural to you. You can work with minimal supervision and bring all those skills to contribute to our company's continued growth.
What You Will Do
- Work with technical operations team and engineers to author and produce world class documentation including knowledge base articles, training materials, user guides, release notes and release communications
- Assist managers in development of executive level presentations regarding projects, strategies and performance
- Gather and create content for internal newsletter, and seek opportunities to deliver content for external distribution as well
- Ensure consistency in documentation across teams, promote standards and best practices across technical teams
What You Bring
- 3 - 5 years of proven experience authoring internal technical documentation
- Experience creating and delivering Executive level presentations
- Strong editing and analytical skills
- Keen attention to detail – ability to edit, review, and revise both existing and new documentation to ensure clarity, accuracy and quality of documentation
- Proficiency with editing and presentation tools - Adobe Acrobat, Confluence, JIRA, PowerPoint, SharePoint, MS Office, etc.
- Ability to work with several teams, investigate, and gather information and requirements for producing thorough and technically accurate documentation
- Ability to identify and promote change and mentor other individuals in the organization.
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile and traditional software development environments
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple documentation projects
- Experience or ability to provide presentations, technical training demos and web recordings to a wide range of audiences
- Experience with creating and maintaining an inventory of Internal Communications channels and provide recommendations for continuous improvement with a streamlined approach
- Cloud and Infrastructure technical knowledge and terminology - Microsoft, AWS, Azure, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, etc.
- Well documented samples of your work
Our office associates are currently returning to the office in a hybrid approach. Keeping in mind the overall health and safety of our associates and candidates, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process, and continue to interview candidates by phone or video. We are onboarding new hires in a hybrid capacity.
Ingram Micro is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer, with a focus on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition Specialist/Job Poster and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. We will try our best to make these accommodations. Please do not include any medical or health information in this email.