Health & Safety Coordinator /Associate Professional, Health/Safety
This job posting is no longer active.
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Job ID: 45876
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Combined with distinct market insights and the trust and dependability generated from decades of strong partner relationships, Ingram Micro stands apart as the global technology services provider for the future.
THIS IS AN ONSITE role, located at our 401 & Hurontario facility - we are an essential service facility with the proper Health & Safety protocol in place
Shift: Monday to Friday 12PM-8:30PM
Responsibilities would include but not limited to:
- Responsible for supporting, improving and promoting Ingram Micro’s health and safety policies and procedures
- Conduct daily safety inspections and safety “coaching”
- Assisting in the identification, prevention, elimination and/or control of workplace hazards with the ongoing maintenance of the company’s health and safety programs and development of OHS policies, procedures, and programs
- Support and provide safety expertise (SME) on Investigation of accidents, critical injuries or incidents with high potential for injury or property damage and recommend appropriate corrective measure, controls and /or program improvements as required
- Prepare and conduct JHSC meetings on monthly basis and coordinate related activities.
- Creates clear and timely reports, ensuring the team is up to date on incidents or similar events
- Conduct New Employee Safety Orientation.
- Ability to apply industry best practices and provide insights on opportunities for improvement
- Additional duties based on business needs
- 2-3 years of related work experience in Health and Safety/Claims Management, preferably in a labour environment
- Health and Safety designation or related certification
- Pursuit of CRSP is an asset
- Knowledge of: Occupational Health and Safety legislation; occupational hygiene, measurement and analysis; hazard recognition assessment and control; WSIB legislation; ergonomics and safe work practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational and analytical skills.
- Self-starter, takes initiative to continuously review the Health & Safety Management System (HSMS) for compliance and potential outdated information
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Positive attitude and results driven
- This position is based out of our Main Advance Logistics Center (ALC) at 88 Foster Crescent
- This position requires travel to 3 additional ALCs in Mississauga on a monthly basis
Ingram Micro is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer, with a focus on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition Specialist/Job Poster and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. We will try our best to make these accommodations. Please do not include any medical or health information in this email.