Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Combined with distinct market insights and the trust and dependability generated from decades of strong partner relationships, Ingram Micro stands apart as the global technology services provider for the future.
Supply Planner | Professional Purchasing
The primary role of the Supply Planner is to maintain and manage the buying relationship and optimal purchase orders to vendors. Required focus on collaboration with internal and external supply chain planning partners, ensures adequate inventory is purchased to meet order minimums and within lead-time horizons to fulfil customer demand. As a lead to the business execution of the end to end planning process, maintaining results within the defined tolerance of performance metrics ensures consistently delivering a positive customer experience and contributes to vendor growth and profitability.
** Experience any type of Planning ERP software is a must. JDA/Blue Yonder is an asset (not a must).
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
Vendor Strategy, Collaborate on Planning Initiatives & Strategy Planning Review
- Develop and maintain an understanding of assigned vendor product categories and programs, acting as a resource to the department as a vendor expert. Develop and implement a joint plan to drive vendor strategy and business growth. Determining and sharing out risks and opportunities within the product categories and vendors they manage. Align with sales, vendor management, and demand planning on product, customer, vendor, and business unit strategy updates and change to determine plan changes. Discuss and update on action plan efforts identified by analyzing performance metrics, and communicate plan confidence and risks.
Procurement Planning (Approve Due Orders, Manage Planning Rules, Buy-ins, Manage Exceptions)
- Analyze and assess all order recommendations daily for purchase order approval, adjustments or follow-up including backorders. Understand and perform the contractual terms and conditions of managed vendors (i.e. payment terms, freight, rebates, product return rights, price protection). Define and set planning parameters and configurations on the inventory stocking strategy including the distribution network (ALC & vendor locations). Monitor parameters to determine how SKUs are ordered from vendors for parameter changes. Define and set safety stock rules and values. Review and approve recommended branch transfers to optimize inventory. Inventory buy-in management including optimization, scenario assessments, placement of purchase orders, and aged dispositioning. Manage exceptions to resolution or determine if a longer-term action plan is required.
Manage New Product Introductions (NPI) & End of Life (EOL) Activities
- Work with sales, vendor management and demand planning teams on new product launches, line extensions, and product discontinuations. Determine relevant adjustments to be made to the supply plan, then execute, and monitor.
Analyze Performance & Develop Action Plan
- Data gathering, quantitative and qualitative data analysis, including review of business process metrics and measures linking to business metrics. Review stock levels, days inventory on hand, fill rate, aged inventory, working capital and assess data inputs, NPI intel and vendor stated lead times in order to make recommendations to enhance business processes and identify opportunities to improve operational efficiencies. Drive awareness to plan and represent the plan progress as needed. Efforts for department-wide action plans could require planner support and broad partnership.
Financial Acumen & Risk Mitigation
- Analyze the end to end vendor relationship, financial position and contractual constraints to manage costs and mitigate risk. Ownership of the vendor payment review process to determine payment release in accordance with vendor terms and conditions and department guidelines. Evaluate and action excess and aged inventory including negotiating with vendors to secure stock balance returns, alternate dispositioning, or pricing programs. Accountable for managing the inventory position for vendor programs to ensure attainment of financial benefits.
- Information seeking/data gathering mindset to enhance the quality of collaboration and drive vendor engagement
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills are also essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the planning process.
- More interested in business results than personal preferences and in group achievement rather than individual achievement
- Strong attention to detail and mathematical skills.
- Builds excellent relationships with key internal and external personnel based on trust and confidence.
- The ability to translate business goals and metrics into business process outcomes and related business cases for specific projects.
- Focuses on both mid-term results and long-term goals.
- Two to three years of related industry experience required
- Bachelor's degree desired
Due to COVID-19, our office associates are currently working from home. Keeping in mind the overall health and safety of our associates and candidates, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely
Ingram Micro is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer, with a focus on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition Specialist/Job Poster and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. We will try our best to make these accommodations. Please do not include any medical or health information in this email.